• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC Car Batteries for the Traxxas XRT Ultimate

Hey everyone, this forum is amazing I've loved reading here, so thought I'd make my first post. I've just bought a Traxxas XRT Ultimate and I am so excited to use it.

I'm having some problems charging the batteries which are: Gens Ace Bashing Series LiPo - 4S 14.8V 5000mAh 60C - XT90

Despite reading the instructions I can't make sense of the battery readings on the charger which is eTronix Powerpal 3.0 AC/DC Performance Charger/Discharger - 80W 10A

I don't understand why I have selected 5 amps charge but after a few mins on the charger the amps charging go down to 0.9, please see the attached picture. I have decided to stop charging them as I know they can break if not charged properly.

As far as I know the charger sets off an alarm when the battery is fully charged, which has not happened yet, so I presume the battery isn't over charging?

This is my setup:

eTronix XT90 HD Charging Cable
eTronix Powerpal 3.0 AC/DC Performance Charger/Discharger - 80W 10A
2x Gens Ace Bashing Series LiPo - 4S 14.8V 5000mAh 60C - XT90

Happy RC!

IMG_8313.jpg

When the batteries are nearly full the charge rate will slow down a lot so as not to overcharge the battery and damage it 16.8v will be fully charged for your battery

Edited by wolfie1

Not sure but if you press  plus or minus whilst charging then the display should show the voltage for each cell, which will reach 4.2v when fully charged. The charge rate will significantly decrease the closer it gets to full charge as the charger will use it's balance lead to ensure each cell reaches 4.2v. you can get cheap battery voltage tester which plugs into balance lead for testing lipo pack condition.