• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao Hyper VS sale questions

Due to lack of funds to finish sorting it, going to sell my hyper Vs .21, without sounding like an idiot, will I get less on here than somewhere like eBay? It's literally been driven twice at low speed, other than the servo horn being changed due to it stripping the splines it's in perfect condition, except the engine which won't run properly. I sent if off to Simon at RC scrapyard and he managed to find out the front bearing is letting air into the engine. Anyone got any idea how much to ask for? I'm keeping transmitter and receiver.  Shame I had bad luck with the car, but my move to traxxas 1/10 electric stuff suits my son who is autistic much better, no noise or smoke and no hot exhausts to accidentally touch! As always any advice appreciated 

Hi,

I'm not as experienced as many when it comes to selling on eBay (or here) but I have bought a few things. Here are my thoughts, apologies in advance that they are inconclusive!

I would consider fees, it is possible that any gain from eBay could be taken out with selling fees. I don't know this to be true but it is worth doing the sums.

I think you'd get more from dividing the sale up. Sell the car as a roller (it might appeal to someone wanting to do a brushless conversion). Then sell the engine and servos separately. I know it's more hassle but I think you will get a better deal.

Hope that helps,

John