• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wheel advice please

Simon Hester

Hi All

I am seeking advice on some new wheels for my RC car. I've struggling to find something that is a like-for-like match for the front wheels of my older brushless compression buggy from Century  

The current wheels are from what I can tell a wheel and tyre combo. 

Front wheels - Wheel hub 40mm wide  x 72mm Dia with the tyre its 100mm Dia
Rear wheels - wheel hub 50mm wide x 72mm Dia the tyre its 100mm

Both wheels are 12mm hex fitting

One option I have is I can still get rear wheels for the buggy but I wonder if these give enough clearance on the front mountings. I took some photos and in one it looks like it is almost touching but I think there is a mm or two spare. 
I'm really struggling to find a direct like-for-like replacement in terms of size which is driving me mad and don't want to get something that does not fit.

The car is an older brushless buggy and I just tend to bash about with it with my son so not looking for anything massively expensive. That said I have been looking on various sites and the choice is mind-boggling to me and I'm worried I'll pick something that won't fit especially if they are wider than the current 40mm wheels. Then there is the offset that I read about and depending on the offset it may help as it could push the wheel further out if that's the right term.

MY final comment question is could I just upgrade to larger diameter wheels and sort of move to something more like a truggy wheel and tyre? 

image.thumb.png.b4c5ad5fbc18f5716e74f4e51a921b4b.pngimage.thumb.png.642f344b2b3b2049317a5c9da7229838.pngimage.thumb.png.732a3e96a29505bb782158b0d337b18f.png

Edited by Simon Hester

• Simon Hester changed the title to Wheel advice please