• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Brand new, about to build my first RC

Grogg

36 minutes ago, Rustic Ade said:

I'm still impressed, I can't even figure out how to edit my daft comments!

Any pictures yet?

I haven't even started building it yet, I'm still waiting for some parts I've ordered to be delivered, some came today - some dampeners and tools for cutting out the body shell and a reamer for making the holes.  So far all I've done is started to make my own masking sheets for painting the body - something that I have all the parts and tools to do, I don't want to use the stickers, I want my own original paint and design, plus I want to install some lighting, potentially 4 headlight - 2 per side if possible if not then 1 per side, and 4 light for the roll cage.  Also thinking about cutting out the side windows and grill mesh, and using hobby modeling metal mesh painted bright red for the side windows, and the grill - instead of the sticker of metal mesh for the grill.

Really feeling overwhelmed by all of it, and like I've bitten off more than I can chew and am perhaps being overly ambitious with my first RC and building my first RC.

Edited by Grogg

1 minute ago, Grogg said:

I haven't even started building it yet, I'm still waiting for some parts I've ordered to be delivered, some came today - some dampeners and tools for cutting out the body shell and a reamer for making the holes.  So far all I've done is started to make my own masking sheets for painting the body - something that I have all the parts and tools to do, I don't want to use the stickers, I want my own original paint and design, plus I want to install some lighting, potentially 4 headlight - 2 per side if possible if not then 1 per side, and 4 light for the roll cage.  Also thinking about cutting out the side windows and grill mesh, and using hobby modeling metal mesh painted bright red for the side windows, and the grill - instead of the sticker of metal mesh for the frill.

Really feeling overwhelmed by all of it, and like I've bitten off more than I can chew and am perhaps being overly ambitious with my first RC and building my first RC.

There seem to be bloody good folk on here that will see you right. 

You seem to have a decent enough amount of knowledge, just break it down so it doesn't overwhelm you. You'll have instructions, just start at number 1.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rustic Ade said:

There seem to be bloody good folk on here that will see you right. 

You seem to have a decent enough amount of knowledge, just break it down so it doesn't overwhelm you. You'll have instructions, just start at number 1.

In which case it'll probably be mid March before I start as some of the dampeners I ordered I pre-ordered and won't arrive until in store until March 13th.  So I've decided to start on the body first, as in making masking templates of stencils for graphics I want to paint onto the body, I haven't even cut out the body yet, but by the looks of it, unless there is a reason why I shouldn't, I might start with the body first while I wait for the rest of the parts I've otrdered to arrive, and figure out what gears, tires and wheels I need and should order.

Edited by Grogg

8 hours ago, Grogg said:

In which case it'll probably be mid March before I start as some of the dampeners I ordered I pre-ordered and won't arrive until in store until March 13th.  So I've decided to start on the body first, as in making masking templates of stencils for graphics I want to paint onto the body, I haven't even cut out the body yet, but by the looks of it, unless there is a reason why I shouldn't, I might start with the body first while I wait for the rest of the parts I've otrdered to arrive, and figure out what gears, tires and wheels I need and should order.

No reason whatsoever, the better job you do of the dressing, the better job you'll make of the main attraction!