• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wire help

No idea what im doing

Hi I'm new to all this and need to know is it okay to solder my black and red power wires coming out of my ESC straight to the wires that are on the cable that has the bit I plug into my battery or is it absolutely vital I solder it to a battery connector first ( deans connector )? Asking because I don't have a connector on hand and just wandering if I could save some time waiting for one to come in post . 

• 1 month later...

I have a question about a remote controlled car I bought on Amazon.
It has 5 wires, each with their own purposes. One wire for the front lights is broken. The other 4 wires are okay and all connected correctly. Though, the car does not drive. Is it possible that, because the front lights don't work, all the others won't work either? Like with those old Christmas lights when 1 lamp was broken, the entire string of lights would no longer work ****hub.

If this could be the problem, I'd consider ordering a new wire to replace the broken one.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by hanbisemo