• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Newbie battery question

RichE

Hi guys newbie here with my first of many question's.

I got my kid a FTX Bugsta brushed for xmas and its down to me to keep the thing going and fixing it so I'm trying to learn everything I can. 

I bought a Voltz VZ0025 5300mAh 7.2v NiMH stick and a Powerpal pocket 2 charger and im getting 10 mins out of it, is that right or am i missing somthing ? 

10 mins seems a little short but it depends how you drive and where you drive. Full throttle on long grass will draw far more power than moderate speeds on a smooth surface. 
Switching to LiPo’s would greatly increase your times and the power doesn’t tail off near the end as it does with Nimhs, but of course that probably seems like a big investment at this stage. How many batteries do you have? 
When I used Nimhs I used to charge a few up in advance.

• Like 1

The car came with a 1800 so I use that as well. 

The place she drives is short grass and gravel.

If she gets into it I don't mind spending the money on LiPo's and a better car because I'm certainly not impressed with the bugsta.