• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hellhorns bully build.

Hell horn.

This is awesome! How is it that a ‘top of the range’ comp crawler requires all these mods?! You’d think the design  team would have got it right for the price tag.

luckily one man, his 3D printer and a little CF sheet can put it right. Looking forward to seeing more. Good work 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

Cheers dude.   The hangers are almost sorted. Will be doing a version for 5mm weights too.  Can get more weight in the hangers using the smaller size tungsten.  Just waiting for the weights too arrive. 

Lots of parts in thee way.  It's a sit and wait game now. Fingers crossed it's not to long 

Waiting for a weight 😆 hopefully won’t be long. I wanna see the results!

How do you go about designing your hangers? Do you design from scratch, or download from internet? It’s only that I keep toying with the idea of a 3D printer; your examples of what’s possible above is a massive selling point. There is a bit though… I’m not very wizzy on the computer, so wondering how technical creating is. 

All my designs are 100% my own work. I only started designing parts this year.  I had a stroke last year.  So I decided it was time to get on with makeing my own parts at last.  So I said **** it  and challenged myself to work it out. I think its going well so far.  Currently working on this.  A hanger for 5mm tungsten weights. Still needs work to get it right. 

PXL_20221010_172310212.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Clever stuff! Are there various software programs, or is the one you use the ‘go to’?

ive been considering this for a while, and I have enough reasons to get a 3D printer. Will get myself one from Santa maybe 🤭

I think the whole make your own parts to make it better is one my favourite aspects of crawling. I've got a crawler on the way currently and think it'll be the tipping point for me to finally get my own 3D printer after losing access to an Ultimaker s5 when I changed jobs earlier this year. Ender 5 pro is probably top of my list, any out of the box changes you'd recommend? 

• Like 1

My one is still just about stock.   Had to replace the Bowden tube and joints when I had a massive failure a few months ago due to the crazy heat.  Basically the heat and using pla carbon clogged it up  so the pressure popped the tube out if it's joint. So new tube and joints and a rebuild and it was sorted.   But apart from that.  It's been fantastic so far. 

• Thanks 1

So then.   The br mini dual ESC is all fitted and set up.  Motors are in and wired up.  Servo is now with the royal mail.  So fingers crossed with me this week.  So the car is very almost done now. 

PXL_20221017_221909292.jpg

PXL_20221017_221840216.jpg

PXL_20221017_214510581.jpg

PXL_20221017_171503251.jpg

PXL_20221017_153213709.jpg

• Like 3