• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help with Losi LMT Grave Digger Spektrum Servo S614

Monchichi3232

Okay guys,

I hope you are able to help us. Our Losi LMT Grave Digger is having issues after having a rough day. We saw the issue was the original servo saver (primarily plastic) broke, so we replace the servo saver. We are new to this stuff, so we did not know the difference between a complete servo saver and just the horn. Needless to say, we ended up stripping the servo, which also caused it to overheat. Ugh...Well...We replaced the original Spektrum servo (S614S) with another Spektrum servo (S614) and also got the 23T servo saver to match, but the servo is still overheating, and the steering won't work. I don't want to send it to the shop if it is something we can do here at home. What do you guys think it could be? What can we do to fix it?

13 minutes ago, Monchichi3232 said:

Okay guys,

I hope you are able to help us. Our Losi LMT Grave Digger is having issues after having a rough day. We saw the issue was the original servo saver (primarily plastic) broke, so we replace the servo saver. We are new to this stuff, so we did not know the difference between a complete servo saver and just the horn. Needless to say, we ended up stripping the servo, which also caused it to overheat. Ugh...Well...We replaced the original Spektrum servo (S614S) with another Spektrum servo (S614) and also got the 23T servo saver to match, but the servo is still overheating, and the steering won't work. I don't want to send it to the shop if it is something we can do here at home. What do you guys think it could be? What can we do to fix it?

Sounds to me as though there is resistance somewhere in the steering linkage. It’s definitely not normal for your servo get warm, let alone overheat!

Try removing the horn from the servo, and manually moving the wheels from left to right. If there is ANY resistance, you need to find it and free it up. Could be a bearing, a screw too tight, binding somewhere…

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Monchichi3232 said:

I did this and there is no resistance. I even made sure the cable was in the right channel in the receiver box while I had the truck on. As I did this the servo started overheating and it was just seating there.

Perhaps you have the bec setting on the esc too high?

9 hours ago, Monchichi3232 said:

If you don't mind explaining it to me, What exactly is the bec setting?

If you look at your esc manual, (if you don’t have it, I imagine it can be found online) you will likely be able to adjust various settings on it, but that’s depending how n model.

common options are things like punch, low voltage cut off, brake force etc etc.

you will also fine one for BEC voltage. Either 6v or 7.4v are the options on all that I own. Set to 6v if currently on 7.4v as the higher output will only be suitable for certain higher spec electronics.

this is only a possibility. Good luck with it

1 hour ago, Redeye said:

PLEASE HELP ME. My servo is making mad noises and shaking when turning one way. I have attached a video. Thankyou

I’m guessing the gears are worn/stripped?