• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and shareย all things R/C!

Thunder Tiger 28pro

Grantus

Hi guys, recently picked up a T Tiger28pro. New piston and sleeve fitted๐Ÿ‘.ย  I need advice re needle settings please. The carb doesn't have an Lsn needle but it does have the so called midrange needle. I've put a couple of tanks through it on a bench test and runs well but any advice on final settings is appreciated. I've never had an engine with the midrange needle before and from what I understand they're to be left alone unless you know what's what!As I got the engine secondhand I don't know if this needle has been altered?!So,how do I adjust any lsn settings if poss or is it factory set and any advice on the midrange setting is appreciated,Thanks all๐Ÿ‘,Grant

2 minutes ago, Grantus said:

Hi guys, recently picked up a T Tiger28pro. New piston and sleeve fitted๐Ÿ‘.ย  I need advice re needle settings please. The carb doesn't have an Lsn needle but it does have the so called midrange needle. I've put a couple of tanks through it on a bench test and runs well but any advice on final settings is appreciated. I've never had an engine with the midrange needle before and from what I understand they're to be left alone unless you know what's what!As I got the engine secondhand I don't know if this needle has been altered?!So,how do I adjust any lsn settings if poss or is it factory set and any advice on the midrange setting is appreciated,Thanks all๐Ÿ‘,Grant

from what i remember, the mid needle is not to be touched at all and its always at flush.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, froggy8 said:

from what i remember, the mid needle is not to be touched at all and its always at flush.

Thanks for your reply ๐Ÿ‘. I've set the mid range to flush although a couple of turns either way and it could still be classed as flush!I've bench run it again, absolutely fine. Still confused by lack of a Lsn but so far so good๐Ÿ‘

When you say 'LSN' ..... that basically IS the lower speed needle. You have an idle setting from the throttle stop screw, a high speed needle for the wide open runnning, and another needle to control the intermediate speed running.

ย 

Tuning that setting is a tricky thing, as its where the engine doesn;t run well, and really getsd affected by how well the other settings are. People tweak the mid speed setting when the motor isn;t fully warmed or the high speed setting was out, then spend the rest of the day trying to compensate for the change with the other settings and end up in a mess. As long as the motor pulls through the midrange sweetly and without stuttering, I leave it well alone.

ย 

If the motor is anything like the last TT.28 I had...it is probably pretty tight when cold. MAke sure you park it at BDC to keep the piston free, and if you are running on a cold day, warm it up before you try and start it. That said....it was probably the nicest RTR .28 motor I have had. Pulled well, and held a rock solid tune once dialled in. I suspect they were running quite tight tolerances, hence the tight feel....but in good order, they are nice motors to live with.

5 hours ago, Nitroholic said:

When you say 'LSN' ..... that basically IS the lower speed needle. You have an idle setting from the throttle stop screw, a high speed needle for the wide open runnning, and another needle to control the intermediate speed running.

ย 

Tuning that setting is a tricky thing, as its where the engine doesn;t run well, and really getsd affected by how well the other settings are. People tweak the mid speed setting when the motor isn;t fully warmed or the high speed setting was out, then spend the rest of the day trying to compensate for the change with the other settings and end up in a mess. As long as the motor pulls through the midrange sweetly and without stuttering, I leave it well alone.

ย 

If the motor is anything like the last TT.28 I had...it is probably pretty tight when cold. MAke sure you park it at BDC to keep the piston free, and if you are running on a cold day, warm it up before you try and start it. That said....it was probably the nicest RTR .28 motor I have had. Pulled well, and held a rock solid tune once dialled in. I suspect they were running quite tight tolerances, hence the tight feel....but in good order, they are nice motors to live with.

Yea it's definitely tight but that could also be the new piston etc. Plenty of good compression ๐Ÿ‘. Yea it's just getting used to not having a needle to tweak on the barrel to adjust. It's not yet fitted into a buggy yet but I'm anticipating it will be a good motor ๐Ÿ‘. Yea I always park up at BDC. I'll definitely leave that mid needle alone unless it behaves untoward! Thanks for your input๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š