• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

3d design people? Help please.

Hell horn.

Not sure where to put this.  

I'm wondering if anyone on here can design something for me.  Simple item. 18mm x64mm tube. To go in a set of wheels to make it beadlock. 

Thats about it. Thanks guys. Pm me it you want to. Can chat about them a bit more in depth then. 

Do you just need the design file for this or do you need some parts as well?

If it’s just the design then I should be able to help (assuming you need/want something heavier than 3D printed plastic for the final parts). 

• Like 2

I got some fantastic help from big ginge. But Need a couple other bits doing if your interested. 

Body mounts for my chassis im working on. And maybe a few other down the line. Will pm you about it. Thanks dude 

Impressive. I'm after one last important part. The gearbox mount /sump. I have one done in derlin but need it to be 3d printed for cost. Cnc delrin is far to expensive at my stage. 

This. But extend the 2 center parts by about 10mm each side. And have then slop up to help the car slid over stuff better.  Have all the dimensions required. Just Need it programmed. Way way way out of my skill range at the moment.  

Wheel inserts are done and 1dt set printed.  Body mounts are designed just need to test print. Then it's sump to do. And I can get a few sets made up and tested for me. And make adjustments needed then 

IMG_20220205_214710.jpg

• Like 1

@BigGingenot yet.  Still at a mates house. We all have covid now. So can't pick them up yet. With sucks. He is also printing me a v8 scale engine for my capra. With is being a pig at the moment to work.   But fingers crossed for some point this week.

They do look fantastic. So thanks for doing them for me dude. Really appreciate it 

Screenshot_20220202_161905_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThePoacher said:

Sorry to hijack..

but can anyone print a fan cover on a hobbywing esc? The original one has broken.

Did see your post asking and considered 3d printing being the solution however.
The heat might be a bit much unless you can get it printed in ABS
PLA isnt suitable as its sensative to heat over 40c and possibly PETG isnt suitable as escs can get over 70c easily.

21 minutes ago, Redback said:

Did see your post asking and considered 3d printing being the solution however.
The heat might be a bit much unless you can get it printed in ABS
PLA isnt suitable as its sensative to heat over 40c and possibly PETG isnt suitable as escs can get over 70c easily.

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah thats understandable with the heat etc.
I have some ideas without the use of a 3d printer so ill trial and error and see how i go