• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

An idea (of an amateur)

Araujo90

I'm an amateur in the area, but I thought I'd put a fan in the engine to perform its cooling. I don't mean that my car is getting too hot, it's not that, it's been a very hot days lately, and yesterday when I went for a walk with the car, I walked with it for three minutes without slowing down, the engine temperature was at 111 degrees, and this idea came because I'm good with electronics and it might be a good idea,  I don't know, i don't know 

Maybe someone already has the idea, and even already assembled it, if so, please, i would appreciate some advice from someone more understood. 

Thank you and good curves 😉😉

20 minutes ago, Araujo90 said:

I'm an amateur in the area, but I thought I'd put a fan in the engine to perform its cooling. I don't mean that my car is getting too hot, it's not that, it's been a very hot days lately, and yesterday when I went for a walk with the car, I walked with it for three minutes without slowing down, the engine temperature was at 111 degrees, and this idea came because I'm good with electronics and it might be a good idea,  I don't know, i don't know 

Maybe someone already has the idea, and even already assembled it, if so, please, i would appreciate some advice from someone more understood. 

Thank you and good curves 😉😉

Was it hot because of no air flow  as you were just going slow.     But someone did this 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, turok007 said:

Was it hot because of no air flow  as you were just going slow.     But someone did this 

Thank you, I'll investigate. But thank you so much for the help bro. But thank you so much for the help bro 👍👍👍😉😉

cooling fans have been tried at various times.

Especially with 4 strole nitro motors.

Generally, though, the extra weight, complexity and general effort involved don't really pay off.

Basically, your motor got hot as you were driving it slowly, and the airflow over hte cooling head wasn;t enough to do it's best job. Your motor has not got seriously too hot, and while you could rig up a fan, prolonged running at these sorts of speeds isn;t going to sit well with your engine anyway. They are designed to run more effeciently at higher revs. The port timing is going to be optimised to work at normal running revs.

But....if you want to play around with cooling...go for it. Half the fun for me in this hobby is doing things for no reason other than 'why not' .... I mean...that ugly red cooling head thing might drag the temps down, but I bet it can be made to look a lot better with some thought, and something that looks like an F1 intake with the fans there... see if you can make ot look sexy and still work!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nitroholic said:

cooling fans have been tried at various times.

Especially with 4 strole nitro motors.

Generally, though, the extra weight, complexity and general effort involved don't really pay off.

Basically, your motor got hot as you were driving it slowly, and the airflow over hte cooling head wasn;t enough to do it's best job. Your motor has not got seriously too hot, and while you could rig up a fan, prolonged running at these sorts of speeds isn;t going to sit well with your engine anyway. They are designed to run more effeciently at higher revs. The port timing is going to be optimised to work at normal running revs.

But....if you want to play around with cooling...go for it. Half the fun for me in this hobby is doing things for no reason other than 'why not' .... I mean...that ugly red cooling head thing might drag the temps down, but I bet it can be made to look a lot better with some thought, and something that looks like an F1 intake with the fans there... see if you can make ot look sexy and still work!

Thank you very much Nitroholic

I'm still studying the case, because I don't want to lose any performance in the car, or just for a fan just to cool down, but until I see the only option is to put a fan yes, but not in the engine but near the engine

Ista idea came due to the cooling system of laptops, thermal paste and takes an aluminum block and a fan. 

I want to take it easy, I want it to look like the original mis possible. But so far I'm still an idea, I still have no basis to start