• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma in-stock? Or alternatives? What car to get?

AnthonyM

Anywhere have arrma cars in stock got £300-400 burning a whole in my pocket.

All popular models out of stock on Modlesport. Tried RC geeks as well, looking for my first real car either a MT or a Truggy. 

Could try the rustler vxl is that anygood?

Edited by AnthonyM

• AnthonyM changed the title to Arrma in-stock? Or alternatives? What car to get?

Wheelspin have still got Arrma Granite's in stock

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/331329/

You've just missed the boat with Modelsport. I ordered a Granite from them on Sunday. Now both colours are out of stock 😫

On 24/08/2021 at 23:54, UKRobster said:

Wheelspin have still got Arrma Granite's in stock

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/331329/

You've just missed the boat with Modelsport. I ordered a Granite from them on Sunday. Now both colours are out of stock 😫

Not any more. There are rumours, be they true or false, that 3S Arrmas have been recalled in the UK (and other regions such as Canada) due to... something? Some say a part infringing patent, other whispering about possible unlicensed asbestos use. Certainly all 3S Arrmas are suddenly out of stock for the rest of the year on Modelsport and Wheelspin.

Hmm, would be interested to know why. The fact you mentioned 'asbetos' is a little worrying.
But surely an patent infringement would have been picked by now, these models have been out for quite a while.