• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobbywing MAX8 won't calibrate...help!!

SiJohnson

I've just installed a Hobbywing MAX8 into my son's Traxxas E Revo, but having trouble calibrating it. It's plugged into channel 2 (3rd slot) on the TGi receiver.  As per the instructions I hold the set button, then turn the ESC on which makes the red led flash and beep, but when I press it again to set the throttle limits nothing happens, no green light. 

Any suggestions??

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man I’m having the same issue with the Max 5 in my xmaxx. It’s driving me mad. I get it through the same process of turning on the remote, holding the set button, powering on the esc and holding the set button until the esc flashes red and the motor churps/gears shake. Then I leave the remote in neutral pressing the set button on the esc and it just stops everything. I have steering and everything worked fine before the max 5 so idk. I only got the throttle to even work by plugging the max 5 into channel 1 and then managed to program the throttle to the steering wheel. So right turn is forward and left turn is reverse. The esc went through the appropriate steps to do that but wtf? Super dangerous like that lol anyway I emailed hobbywing so we’ll see what they say. 

hELLO

i got problems with my max 6 and max 8 ones

what i did was  spray them with alot  wd40 , and let them dry for 1 week

after that i dry them with paper.

And used programmer card the cheap one.

Now they have work many months

i DID use alot wd40  like  one bottle to both in glass, one in one glas.

half filled with with wd40

they dit swim there with this.

Cuple times i mixed and redropped the escs 

Today they work like brand new

I got my issues after driving them in wet snow last winter.

WD40 bath fixed the issues for me