• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao hyper 7 suspension

Hey everyone,  I recently bought a used hobao hyper 7 TQ sport to scratch a nitro itch i have had for years now  but when checking it over  have noticed a possible problem with the front suspension.

When the car is on the ground and you push down on the front end it doesn't spring back up at all it just stays compressed and you have to lift it back up by hand, I have removed the shocks today and cant see anything wrong at all there is plenty of oil inside and nothing is bent or leaking.I gave them both a bleed to remove any air but is still the same.It has the standard grey springs fitted .Surely thats not how they should be is it? 

Use the threaded collar to add more preload to the springs or if it has the standard shocks there should be black plastic C clips in various thicknesses to add preload 

Will keep a look out for more clips then, so is it normal for them to be like this with no clips in ? Just seem a bit odd to me, the rear rises back up slowly but front just stays on the floor lol

its just the springs didnt have enough preload on them 

it could be the springs have lost a bit of their springiness and arnt reacting as they should and providing the car isnt rubbing its nose along ground when being driven should be ok 

some of my cars if you push nose down they dont always rebound to level but nose does lift up a bit when released

Ok will have to see what happens when drive it hopefully this week when fuel turns up. Do you have any idea what oil weight should be in these as doesnt say in the manual and am thinking mite be worth a change anyway.

On 28/06/2021 at 17:34, Stormbringer said:

Sorry mate i honestly cant remember what weights in my 7 

I run the following in my Hyper 7e conversion:

Front Big Bore Shocks: 40w
Rear Big Bore Shocks: 50w

Ian...