• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Who races Mardaves? whats the difference in the leagues?

The_Blue_Dragon

Hi people,

Last night I went to Stocksbridge RC Club for the first time and loved every second of it. But Im wanting to start racing Mardaves. But what are the requiared specs for the two leagues?

Does anyone know is it just the different shells?

Ministox are smaller than V12. Both classes (should) use silver can motors and 4 cell race packs. Best to ask someone at the club for specific club rules (such as tyres, bodies, additive etc).

the v12 is a cracking piece of kit mate and so cheap to buy bits for it's mental. I miss mine so much and regret selling it. I reckon for racing you'd be better using your 205 shell....Also order some ufra pink foams instead of the standard mardave foams they'll need truing down but the grips levels are far superior. Please post some pics when it's up and running...I love them. On the mardave site there is a loads of info on set up and he should know being the world champ.

your best finding someone with a proper tyre truer to get them perfectly straight, otherwise as me and my dad used to do glue some sandpaper to a board and run the car up to speed and gently rest the tyres on the sandpaper wearing them down. This is a very messy process and you need to try and get them as true as prssible and hopefully the same diameter.

your best finding someone with a proper tyre truer to get them perfectly straight, otherwise as me and my dad used to do glue some sandpaper to a board and run the car up to speed and gently rest the tyres on the sandpaper wearing them down. This is a very messy process and you need to try and get them as true as prssible and hopefully the same diameter.

totally agre...I also used a guy at another club who used to do me a few sets at a time for a couple of quid

• 3 weeks later...
Im wanting to get into the ministox as i was told its good for beginners to learn to race

You made the right choice going for the V12. I race a V12 and keep looking at the Minstox but they are very twitchy.

The top guys in my club say the minis are not the car to learn on.

Get the hang of your V12 and either hot it up if your club rules allow, or then try the mini's.

IMHO you will be having so much fun with the V12 you won't want to change.

You made the right choice going for the V12. I race a V12 and keep looking at the Minstox but they are very twitchy.

The top guys in my club say the minis are not the car to learn on.

Get the hang of your V12 and either hot it up if your club rules allow, or then try the mini's.

IMHO you will be having so much fun with the V12 you won't want to change.

seems good advice that....i've never run the r12 (mini) however I have seen them run and they do look a bit more difficult to drive...the v12 is awesome. I used to run the 206 kamtec shell but i've read a few times the 205 is a good all rounder. If you have not already, have a nosey at this....well useful

http://www.mardaveracing.com/v12setup.htm

I have a 205 sprayed up and ready to fit for the next meeting; and a 206 that I have not started, so I will see the difference.

Currently running a Megane shell which seems to get corner roll, that could be just me but two other guys at the club run Megane's which seem to roll as well.

Back when I had one last year, I couldn't find anything better handling (for me) than either a Kamtec Golf or Kamtec Starlet.

That was on a circuit though, not an oval.