• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Yokomo Parts

El-Tel

Hi, I have a circa 2000 Yokomo MR4-TC Custom which has been an awesome bit of kit. Recently after doing a check over on a strip down and rebuild of parts I've found some diff wear and looking for some spares, unfortunately I've been struggling and wondered if anyone here has come across this or know of another front diff setup that would work? I believe the custom runs a narrow 33t diff pulley and have only been able to find the wide version or the 40t for the standard belt drive version. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for the delay, not been on for a bit, I must admit after the first few uses it certainly is a fantastic bit of kit! Unfortunately spares seem thin on the ground, I think front and rear diffs started to overheat, the front diff pulley is damaged but I managed to get another 33t diff set from the YR4 M2 as they were the same, but the output shafts are different. The rear was salvageable but the front needs the output shafts and I can use the rest of the front diff kit for the YR4 M2. Thanks for the reply though! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, El-Tel said:

Hi, sorry for the delay, not been on for a bit, I must admit after the first few uses it certainly is a fantastic bit of kit! Unfortunately spares seem thin on the ground, I think front and rear diffs started to overheat, the front diff pulley is damaged but I managed to get another 33t diff set from the YR4 M2 as they were the same, but the output shafts are different. The rear was salvageable but the front needs the output shafts and I can use the rest of the front diff kit for the YR4 M2. Thanks for the reply though! 

No worries!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

ebay is the best location to find spares but its a long discontinued chassis (2002) so it will be difficult to keep in working order.

Do you have a manual? Searching via part numbers will give the most accurate results if anything is to be found.

Hi Garry, thanks for your reply, ebay is the main place I have searched, or been searching. I managed to get a yr4 front diff as it ran 33t pulleys also, but the output shafts are too long, but I may be able to reuse the old or possibly the standard belt drive outputs as I believe they are the same. Unfortunately the manual doesn't have a full parts list.