• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Getting impatient

fluffy

I ordered a Fighter Buggy RX 25th anniversary edition back in January, was hoping to have it by now, just checked and there's now no expected date, anyone know when these are due to be released? 

3 minutes ago, fluffy said:

I ordered a Fighter Buggy RX 25th anniversary edition back in January, was hoping to have it by now, just checked and there's now no expected date, anyone know when these are due to be released? 

One place says 12th mar

• Thanks 1

I believe that Tamiya stuff is really difficult to get at the moment (I know that's at least true for spares, but that kits and RTR's might be a different story).

I think there's something happened around the European DC's/Plants closing down that's having a huge impact on things, but it's all Chinese Whispers.  I think some of the model shops will have more up to date information though.

Did you call the place you made the order with?

• Thanks 1

Tamiya production factories are in the Philippines which are largely locked down. Every market and every line Tamiya make are affected. They are trying to focus on small batches of kits of many many different lines rather than full scale production as they would in normal times, they only have around 3% of the workforce in at present apparently.

• Thanks 1

Spoke to them online, due date is now 20th March.

In the grand scheme of things its not important with everything going on, I just want to build a kit lol

Thanks all