• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi LMT Owners Thread

Jumper

Ah that's interesting, I bought mine as the RTR Losi LMT Grave digger however most screws on the chassis were stripped out so I'm not sure if they did that on purpose in the factory because almost every screw was stripped expect the ones on the body shell and the axles... 

I thought about requesting a exchange  to the hobby shop but I thought I rather not because I had the tools to remove the stripped screws... But for new RC hobbyist this would off been a nightmare without the right tools. 

Just wondering if any one else bought a RTR LMT with the same issue?

- Y96

3 hours ago, Y96 said:

Ah that's interesting, I bought mine as the RTR Losi LMT Grave digger however most screws on the chassis were stripped out so I'm not sure if they did that on purpose in the factory because almost every screw was stripped expect the ones on the body shell and the axles... 

I thought about requesting a exchange  to the hobby shop but I thought I rather not because I had the tools to remove the stripped screws... But for new RC hobbyist this would off been a nightmare without the right tools. 

- Y96

Mine is the RTR and some hex heads looked like the tool they used was very worn

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Y96 said:

- Y96

yes, a few on mine were pretty bad, but not completely stripped. 

• Like 1

@turok007Same here but mine was horrible, almost all the screws on my chassis were stripped but the axles were fine... 

@Jumper So I guess it is very common among the RTR LMT trucks, shame if some one is a beginner it'll be hell to get them screws out 😐

Been waiting for these Jconcept wheels and tires for a week now... it is a such a strain 😅 Once all the order come piling in I will post a before and after of my truck :D! 

- Y96

Edited by Y96
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Not really, they just look cool 🤣🤣🤣

I suppose they are more sturdy than the stock ones, just noticed its mostly plastic on the stock one 😂

- Y96

On 18/03/2021 at 23:57, Bizzle said:

Love that servo. 

I have it on my Element and Trx4 crawlers, as well as my DB Pro. 

I couldn't bring myself to put more scrapes and chipped paint on the Digger body, so I dug out this beater body I had for mud bogging the Trx4. 

It's a terrible body but now I won't feel bad taking the LMT bashing. Until at least I've come to terms with my terrible driving Hahaha. 

20210318_203034.jpg

Have no idea why you didn't mount that body back a little more where the roll bars would be up in the front window better at least 3/8 inch made the sheet rims line up a whole lot better

22 hours ago, Ricksrods said:

Have no idea why you didn't mount that body back a little more where the roll bars would be up in the front window better at least 3/8 inch made the sheet rims line up a whole lot better

I did not care at all with that beater body, it was also mounted crooked. I slapped it on and took it for a rip. Beat the hell out of it and did what it was supposed to. 

New Raptor body is much better. Thanks for checking in though lol. 

• Like 1

On 24/04/2021 at 18:59, .AJ. said:

Mines ready for its first run tomorrow 😂

76-C4-DCAB-9-A31-42-BD-9-EAA-72-D12-E655

02155-D8-E-AB24-4-D50-AD39-7-EBD0-C132-C

I took a load of stickers off and I much prefer this look 👌 

Did it get to run in the wild

Called it a day and sold mine on to this real nice chap 👍

Its a great fun truck and I don’t regret buying it one bit was a blast for a short while that’s for sure 👍👍

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bizzle said:

I did not care at all with that beater body, it was also mounted crooked. I slapped it on and took it for a rip. Beat the hell out of it and did what it was supposed to. 

New Raptor body is much better. Thanks for checking in though lol. 

Raptor Ftw! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

I use Moly CV grease on all gears 👍 

https://www.toolstation.com/silverhook-moly-grease-tube/p27520

Brilliant timing. I was looking for a reason to pop out as the sister in law is due round. I've just done a quick preassemble and it's a bit glitchy on the front. There's maybe 0.5-1mm of play. Grease might be the answer. 

How strong is the stock servo on the lmt?  20kg?

has anyone tried the +5mm wheel hubs?  Havent got my lmt yet, but reckon this would be a great upgrade the make it less flip over in cornering..  a long with a lowered battery case?