• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

I did my research, placed my pre-order, waited, waited some more and collected today.

Suits

Good luck. They are good fun.
Hope yours has no teething problems.
Ours lasted 5 mins. Did the overheating cut out before it even warmed up.
The 3S blx esc is prone to failures. But is warranted so can be changed for a Schumacher unit instead if it fails.
Hope yours is a winner. Other than that they are tough as old boots.
Enjoy.

Bash, Break, Build, Repeat...

When out today, twice, in-between weather breaks.

Had a great time in the woods first of all, getting used to the power, its handling a stability.

Then went into the fields, dirt paths and gravel tracks a bit later to open her up and see what that's like.

Considering getting a second battery, so that walks can be planned with enough battery to get out and back again.

Goes without saying it's great fun and was enjoyable getting the wife and the boy out in the rain and wind 😄.

Serious question now, when it comes to cleaning the car afterwards, what's the best approach.

I obviously don't want to take it all apart each time but understand it shouldn't be left like this either....

IMG_9470.thumb.jpeg.9b519bcc8680ac9943f2d84287016a8a.jpeg

• Like 1

Glad you had a great time with the car. Shame about the conditions! But trust me, my cars have been dirtier than that before 😋

What I do personally to clean them off is firstly just pick off as many blades of grass, bigger bits of dirt & grime and then give it a wipe down with a rag. Then if you have an air gun or some sort of air canister (like keyboard cleaner) you can use that to get between all the niggly bits and get the majority of the crap out of there. If you don't have either of those then just some old brushes will do, small enough to get inbetween all the tight gaps. Then another wipe all over with a rag and maybe some ktichen roll and your done. It goes without saying that spraying it with a hose would be a bad idea 😋

Edited by James RC
  • Like 1

Can leave it to dry and then hit it with a brush. I use a stiff paint brush.
Bearings take a beating over time and every few months I remove the bearings in the wheel hubs etc and change them out.
Or at least those with wear or breakage.
They do explode occasionally.
You’ll usually notice the buggy isn’t as free running as it was before which is usually a sign that the bearings need attention.
I also clean the car with a rag and bike cleaner on certain areas where it won’t eat the grease in the bearings. It does eat into the grime well.
Some people use compressed air to blow away the dirt, , good if you have the kit for that.

Bash, Break, Build, Repeat...

• Like 1

Excellent cheers guys.

I'll leave it to dry and brush it off.

Worth noting that its nit as bad as above anymore. the second run was in a less muddy area and I managed to clear off much of the big debris but a few zipping runs in the wet grass.

Great point giving the wheels and hubs a clean every few months.