• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

LOSI DBXL / 5ive T etc parts interchangeability?

Sausage

as AJ said above mate, different platform and very little is interchangable between the DBXL  and the 5ive,

diff cases are different along with the hole distancing of the spurs, drive cups are different and drive pins in the DBXL are smaller,

basically the whole drive line is different,

some parts are interchangable between the fid dragon hammer and the DBXL though,

drive pins are the same, diff cases are almost the same (i mean the actual cases and not the carriers ),

i'm using an aftermarket DB spur gear on my dragon hammer cos hole spacing is the same etc,,

but yeh, stick to type specific parts where ya can,

RCmodelz stock a fairly large range of aftermarket DB parts as well, the likes of fid and atop parts are decent when all said and done,

• Like 1

Thanks guys this has helped me avoid wasting time and money on bits that wont fit. Needs an engine, initial thought was go electric, cheapest option would be petrol and want more power than standard. Does the standard drive train stand up to much abuse? or should i look to get this running and move it on for a 5ive platform instead?

the more power ya put through it whether it be petrol or electric the more yer gonna break mate,

my dragon hammer is running an obr twin, so lots of power and lots of servicing of the drive line,

but more power equals more fun lol,

i've never owned a DB yet, but as above drive pins in the diff are 3.5mm in the DB  and 4mm in the 5ive,

0.5mm difference but i break pins regularly, you will also break drive shaft pins and wear out cvd joints, but rebuild kits are available for em,

if it was me i'd build the DB and run it and see what happens, all depends on how hard ya push it and how much power you have,

repairs are part of the hobby anyways,

• 2 years later...