• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Quantum Flux MT XT & XT Plus *page 9

tomr

4 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

Unfortunately it's a common issue with it. Apart from the few things like that it's a fantastic car 

I am hoping i will be okay with mine, not got it to go silly doing jumps and big bashing, more fast woodland running

I've just tried the washer mod, but when i tighten the wheel back on there's some binding as the wheel doesn't rotate freely unless I loosen it back up.

The washer is M5 x 15mm OD

There were 2 washers on the axle that came with it, one was really thin.  Are people using that one as well as the 15mm OD one?  Maybe at 15mm it's too big...

Edited by Zombi

I left my one as it came.   Not had an issue with it yet. And my one gets a bashed around a lot. Crashed it at full speed on a 3s 5000mah 100c fully charged lipo the other week. One snapped arm thats all. 

I managed to find some 12mm ones (apparently), so I'll try those when they arrive.  I guess for now I'll be doing the same as you and leaving them as-is...

I did the other tweaks though, such as loctite on the servo arm and shaft grub screw.  At least the parts are readily available.

I've read that people run it on 2S and still enjoy it but without the frequent breaks...

• Like 1

I used a Allen key driver so had more leverage on it.  My drive shaft grub is not coming off any time soon lol.   I modded a set if axial capra hex to fit. No more lost pins when the wheels come lose. 

Also run 2 nuts in each corner.  Increased the pinion a few teeth. Rebuilt shocks with 60 wt oil. 

It flys now. Now I have removed the silly issues they come with it's been really good 

7 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

Turned the pins down half a mm. Then it's a straight fit. Could drill the axles out to a 2mm hole.  But I think modding the pins is better 

Perfect, I'll bag some.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

how do you get to the pinion on this truck

A lot of work.  I think you have to remove the rear end to get to it. Bit of a pain.  Can't remember exactly how to do it.  Been ages since I did my one 

• Like 1

I now have 2 functional Quantums. Pink MT and blue Flux +

Absolute faff to replace the motor and I've still ended up with an odd screw and no idea where it came from.

New battery arrived for the Quantum + Flux and I instantly crashed it after one of the kids came bursting out of the house shouting "DAD, DAD, DAAAAAD, THE GARDEN, THE GARDEN"

So I ran to the garden and it was just my cats killing a bird. Anyway new suspension arm later and they're both bashing around our street ready for an excursion this weekend

1 hour ago, Hell horn. said:

No problem. It's the stock axial ones. This 

Screenshot_20210624_181455_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

I have some that look exactly the same as that but there's no way they fit onto the axle shaft.  Did yours fit ok or did you have to drill them or something?

Maybe i have some slightly smaller versions of those??  Think mine are 4mm.

EDIT: On closer inspection, they're identical almost, but the ones I have use little grub screws and not those pin screws.

Edited by Zombi

20 hours ago, Zombi said:

I've tried looking for what the chassis brace mod is on this thread, but I can't find where it's explained - could someone send me a link or explain it please?

Did I not post it in here? Might be on my build thread. Basically, get some 6mm internal diameter tube, 8mm OD, some wall plugs, cut to 28cm, stuck the wall plugs in and then put two bolts through the diff mounts and Bob's your Uncle.

17 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

A lot of work.  I think you have to remove the rear end to get to it. Bit of a pain.  Can't remember exactly how to do it.  Been ages since I did my one 

Yeah, think if memory serves you remove the bottom skid plate, then the screws to release the motor and I took it off that way.

On 15/06/2021 at 10:52, Seminole81 said:

Anything with a Deans connection on it pal. Just have a search under the 2S/3S and use the filters to put a Deans connection on. RC Cars, Remote Control Cars and Radio Controlled Cars from Modelsport UK

I've got these ones. Last about 20 minutes running on large grass fields Core RC 4000mAHr 7.4v 30/60C 2s LiPo CR293 (modelsport.co.uk)

I'd recommend something with a hard case personally as well.

Another note. Little upgrade costs about £13 all in for both of our Quantum's and still have a bit of tubing left over. Seems to really improve the strength of the cars, 6mm internal diameter tube and 8mm outer, 6mm wall plugs, cut to 28cm and stick it in. Holes are already there on diff/body post mount housing 🙂 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

@Zombi