• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help for 1/5 scale petrol baja please!

lachiespencerr

Hi all, 

When I fully press down the throttle for my 1/5 scale rovan baja, the engine is pulsing instead of revving at the full constant rpm that I'd expect normally. It is quite hard to explain though I am sure it is not related to the throttle linkage control so I am not sure if it could be air or fuel supply which seems unlikely. I am at a bit of a loss as for what to do so any suggestions or things that I could do to help would be much appreciated, I am a bit worried there may be something seriously wrong with my engine. 

18 hours ago, lachiespencerr said:

Yes thankyou I can get a video to you soon, though I know what you mean with the tuning needles - would you happen to know exactly what the factory settings for them are? Also should I be aiming to try and tune them further from there (make the engine run richer or leaner etc)  for higher performance?

try

HSN: 1.5 Turns Out

LSN: 1.25 Turns Out

the needles do different things ( got rid of my baja a long time ago am afraid so someone might have to correct me here lol ) one will correct idle and pullaway other one adjusts topend etc set it back to factory settings if it runs loppy adjust the low end i think til the idle rises slightly  give it a full blast run  then adjust the high end until you hear it rev out nicely

• Like 1