• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best shock oil for FTX OUTLAW

RC Marty

Just checking over my car and noticed one of my rear shocks has come apart. The cap at the bottom has come lose and leaked oil. I'll take it off and screw it back on but what's the best oil to use is it cst350?

Also provided I don't do any massive jumps would it be ok to drive it without oil for a day or so whilst I wait for new oil to be shipped? 

Thanks

Might want different for front and back - 30 up front, 10-20 in the rear but it's personal preference.

In fairness if you're looking to use the Outlaw a lot and get some decent speed out of it then i'd recommend replacing the shocks entirey!

I put Traxxas 5862 on mine from a Stampede and made a small plate to help the rear drop to the right position and they're sooo much better than the stock shocks. 

Yes you can run withot oil but it might get a bit springy!

GL.

Thanks. What number cst do the ones you recommended correspond to? The 30 and 10-20. 

First shock oil change and I'm only 2 weeks into RC life. I do like to learn by doing!

Edited by RC Marty

30wt is 350 I think

20wt is 200

10wt is 100

These are all from looking at Team Associated oils - i accept no repsonsibilities for innacuracy!🤪

A small bottle is like £5, so get a 30 and a 20 perhaps? Up to you. 

I expect the rig will be fine on 30wt, which is very popular for other setups so you'll probably best off with that if you want to keep it simple.

My Team associated 30W 350cst arrived today so I've stripped the shock down, cleaned it and bunged that silicone in there. All is good, back to nice suspension all round! Thanks for your advice. 👍🏽

Edited by RC Marty