• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Field batteries

Skynet5

I run 4s. Either, 2 x 2s 6500 or 2 x 2s 8000.

I could buy more, but wonder if a leisure battery (say a 70Ah) would be an OK idea so I could charge a LiPo whilst out at the track. 

Thoughts? 

Nonsense and just buy another pair of lipos. 

Edited by Skynet5

1 minute ago, Shudson said:

Charge from your car battery.

My understanding is that isn't good for your car. I guess one charge would be OK, but I'd rather get a leisure battery if I'm charging at the track. 

Leisure battery is good idea. They are meant for that sort of thing. They are heavy though, have you got a way of carrying it the track or better still  leave it with the car and charge from there when need arises.  I have seen people charge from their cars but to avoid a non starter at the end of the day they have to leave the car engine running, not too bad with a 10min quick charger(££££££) 40min about with a cheap charger.  

18 minutes ago, Mack1 said:

Leisure battery is good idea. They are meant for that sort of thing. They are heavy though, have you got a way of carrying it the track or better still  leave it with the car and charge from there when need arises.  I have seen people charge from their cars but to avoid a non starter at the end of the day they have to leave the car engine running, not too bad with a 10min quick charger(££££££) 40min about with a cheap charger.  

Yeah car park is near track. I am kinda thinking for £100 for a leisure battery I may as well buy a couple more lipos. 

I need to go to halfords and see how heavy these things are I think. 

OK. Went to see how heavy these things are. Yeah they weight an absolute load. Never expected them to be light, but yeah. Way to heavy to mess around with. 

I'll buy a couple more 2s packs and be ready for three battery swaps next time.