• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Servos etc.

fonzi06

Hey, looking for some new steering servos for my LST2. The stock ones just seem really underpowered... also thinking im going to invest in a Spektrum DX3. Ive heard the Spektrum comes with two of the same servos I have now, is there anywhere i can get just the transmitter and reciever? Also can you advise on two speedy servos with some good torque for the steering please. What is reverse polarity by the way??

Thanks,

Edited by fonzi06

Hey, looking for some new steering servos for my LST2. The stock ones just seem really underpowered... also thinking im going to invest in a Spektrum DX3. Ive heard the Spektrum comes with two of the same servos I have now, is there anywhere i can get just the transmitter and reciever? Also can you advise on two speedy servos with some good torque for the steering please. What is reverse polarity by the way??

Thanks,

it all realy depends on what budget you have they start at around £15 for a tower pro up to £100 for a ko propo

chris

Good servo but a bit more expensive.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=...mp;ItemID=24744

Dont know if the spektrum is available without servos but you can always keep as a backup.

The T Tiger is a digital servo if the spektrum uses HRS this gives a slightly faster response. Non digital servos on an HRS radio will cook the servo.

both those servos are good, if you can scrape an extra bit of cash get one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ACE-R-C-DIGITAL-SERV...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hi, spotted them on JE for abit cheaper still. Would i need two of these? Also found a Spektrum on ebay with just the reciever and transmitter so Ill keep an eye on that. I keep breaking Antenna tubes as well, is there anything I can do about that?

http://www.jespares.com/catalog/product_in...roducts_id=2806

Thanks,

Edited by fonzi06

Tbh mate... the Spektrum Servo's are just plain naff....

There not really "Steering" servo's, there spare throttle servo's mainly....

And reverse polarity - i think means they work in reverse

So on the transmitter u would have to fick the switch / change the setting to set which way the servo works

Normal or reverse

if ur after a powerful servo - looks at these :)

The ServoShop Pro Metal Geared Servo

There only £15 - p+p

And there is a massive review thing of them in the review section :)

Many people have them - me included ( ihave 2 and there brilliant :) )

And 1 was put in a Savage - and it apprent to see how it rules the servo world :)

Just they really do require a hump pack/stick pack to allow for to work best :)

Ziggy

This servo is primarily used on the steering in model cars, whilst there are other uses for it in RC we recommend it is not used on a Y lead ( as the current drawn is too great and this can lead to glitching).

Does this mean ill have to go with a single servo setup? The servos that come with the Spektrum are just re-labled versions of what I have now so I dont wanna end up with 4 useless servos :shockingscary: I think if I have to go with a single servo setup Ill end up going for the servo from JE as that has just over 5KG more torque and looks like abit of a beast :) Or would I be alright using two on a Y lead?

Ta,

good find on je spares, i'd def go for that mate, i've heard very good reports on the ace servo's

Will I need two? Or will it be too much through a Y lead? If it is too much how could i sort this? Bigger/Better battery?

athe ace servo and the T Tiger are both made by the same company.

Just badged differently.

There is a higher torque T Tiger with 14.5 kg

Out of stock but you may find it elsewhere

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=...mp;ItemID=24658

Found it here... http://www.jespares.com/catalog/product_in...roducts_id=2806

Will I be needing two?

The Ace is a Awsome Servo,

You can get two if you want but one is Plenty in a LST,

Makes a huge Diffrence to the LST and is one of the Best Upgrades for it other then a Set of Bowties/Crime fighters,

;)

Cheers,

Philip.

Probably overkill for throttle/brake but if you want to why not.

I meant because the LST2 comes stock with two steering servos, im gonna keep one my current throttle servo; just wanted to know if i could use two of the Ace servos through a Y lead, the same as it is setup now or would the current draw be too much?

Thanks,

Yea, ive just ordered my OS .30 as I got another cracking deal of Ebay, got yellow springs too and a nice polished pipe. Then im gonna stick in two of the Ace servos and keep an eye on Ebay for a spektrum. Thanks for the suggestions everyone :good:

Nathan,