• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 Electric conversion

Hello helpful forum people :)

My mate has a hyper 7 that he's talking about converting to electric

I did read a thread about it on here from yonks ago but the links I clicked on the parts required were mostly dead and old.

Could someone make a list of the cheapest way to get it done? I'm thinking cheap 3S lipo and probably hobbywing brushless motor and ESC and a battery box? or is there more thats required?

Ta in advance.

Oh Carp that's a bit expensive.    You can get a Losi 8 Battery Tray and fit that.  Much better than that Horrible thing.    And you can pickup a Motor Mount Separately.   You will save yourself a Fair bit of money and have a better built conversion.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOSA4461-Team-Losi-Battery-Tray-8E-New-in-Package/321573532965?hash=item4adf46b525:g:6Q4AAOSwqYZZuuH1

Might want to pick that up fast,  there were only 2 and I just bought one for my Second Hyper ST Conversion.    Speaking of which there's a Couple handy links in my Signature below.

Edited by GorillaZilla