• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Capra specific batteries

DartmoorTrails

I have just bought 3 for my ‘newly arrived today‘ Capra. The Maximum battery size is 26mm x 98mm x 47mm, so I ordered two Gens Ace (but there turned out to be only one in stock, so the other was back ordered) 1300mAh 3s 25c that are 22 x 72 x 35, and one Overlander 1600mAh  3s 35c which measures 85 x 34 x 19.  The Gens Ace were £15.19 ea, and the Overlander was £18.99.  All bought from Wheelspin, because they had stock. 

If I had more time I’d have ordered the Gens Ace Adventure packs, which I’ve only found stocked in Germany, iirc. 

10 hours ago, Andy-Roo said:

I have just bought 3 for my ‘newly arrived today‘ Capra. The Maximum battery size is 26mm x 98mm x 47mm, so I ordered two Gens Ace (but there turned out to be only one in stock, so the other was back ordered) 1300mAh 3s 25c that are 22 x 72 x 35, and one Overlander 1600mAh  3s 35c which measures 85 x 34 x 19.  The Gens Ace were £15.19 ea, and the Overlander was £18.99.  All bought from Wheelspin, because they had stock. 

If I had more time I’d have ordered the Gens Ace Adventure packs, which I’ve only found stocked in Germany, iirc. 

Thanks Andy, appreciate that.

Frustrating to see 4000mah packs on 3s in the US but nowt over here!

I'm going to give Hobbyking another go as I struggled last night with it on my phone @stimpy!

RCNetwoprk managed to stuff a 4100 3S LiHV into there build so I need to figure out where to grab one from!

Cheers guys

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DartmoorTrails said:

Thanks Andy, appreciate that.

Frustrating to see 4000mah packs on 3s in the US but nowt over here!

I'm going to give Hobbyking another go as I struggled last night with it on my phone @stimpy!

RCNetwoprk managed to stuff a 4100 3S LiHV into there build so I need to figure out where to grab one from!

Cheers guys

The trouble with stuffing a 4000 in there is the weight mate!! Sure if it is trailing you are doing that would be helpful but if you want to actually crawl you will benefit from a much lower weight....

I have soem 1500mah units that would fit the original battery tray design easy also.... If you want specs let me know...

3 hours ago, stimpy said:

The trouble with stuffing a 4000 in there is the weight mate!! Sure if it is trailing you are doing that would be helpful but if you want to actually crawl you will benefit from a much lower weight....

I have soem 1500mah units that would fit the original battery tray design easy also.... If you want specs let me know...

Thanks stimpy.

I'll wait for it be delivered (haven't actually ordered it yet!) and then see if my 2200 packs will fit as they're just over the recommended length but I can be persuasive if needs be....!

On 04/06/2020 at 13:52, DartmoorTrails said:

Thanks stimpy.

I'll wait for it be delivered (haven't actually ordered it yet!) and then see if my 2200 packs will fit as they're just over the recommended length but I can be persuasive if needs be....!

Didn't fit:( about 5mm too long so went for the Overlander 1600 Andy mentined above.

I usually like longer run times but will have to wait for more options this side of the pond I think!

27 minutes ago, DartmoorTrails said:

Didn't fit:( about 5mm too long so went for the Overlander 1600 Andy mentined above.

I usually like longer run times but will have to wait for more options this side of the pond I think!

Small light packs are cheap, so 1 in the rig and 2 in your pocket?  I used a 1300 in my Capra over the quarry on Saturday and didn’t hit LVC after a good 20mins or so.  I don’t think a 30min run time is unreasonable to expect out of a 1300 pack - unless you’re going flat out everywhere!  I’d even drop the mAh down to 850 or less, if I was staying in one spot and not trailing about.  Food for thought.