• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial SMT10 Monster

mydoddy69

1 hour ago, jonnymorris said:

Just wondering what the status is of these SMT10 builds, any progress since June?  I'm pondering an SMT10 or LMT build myself, need to get some idea of what works well for a scale build of this kind.

Sold my smt10 just after Losi announced the lmt to be honest from what I’ve seen I’d go the Losi route but be warned it suffers weak axle joints other than that it seems a solid truck I dare say it won’t be long before there’s a solution on the market there has been a lot of talk of guys making some but I’m yet to see any for sale other than the prototype 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, a few YouTube videos later and I'm pretty much sold on the LMT over the SMT10, just seems so much more solidly built for the purpose.  Not being very experienced with this sort of build I'm also leaning heavily towards just buying the RTR version and running it for a while before thinking about mods, it might be all I need as is (I don't tend to thrash my models).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jonnymorris said:

Yeah, a few YouTube videos later and I'm pretty much sold on the LMT over the SMT10, just seems so much more solidly built for the purpose.  Not being very experienced with this sort of build I'm also leaning heavily towards just buying the RTR version and running it for a while before thinking about mods, it might be all I need as is (I don't tend to thrash my models).

Bigger faster better built has to be a no brainier 👍

• Like 1