• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Granite 4x4 3s or.....

MattW123

I am thinking about getting my dad his first ever rc truck (his first rc of any sort actually). It would be used for general driving and bashing so I’d be looking for something versatile and tough. From what I’ve seen, the Arrma Granite 4x4 would be a great option and ticks these boxes, but I want to see if anyone has any other suggestions within this price range. Thanks. 

Arrma Senton 3s... As long as you're not running in heavy grass it should be perfect.

Or failing that, the Associated Rival MT10... I have pre-ordered one which should be here tomorrow, I plan to do a little comparison and thoughts on the MT10 vs my Senton 3s, if you aren't in a rush, maybe wait for some reviews of the MT10?

Here is my Senton.

Edited by Oh How Original

32 minutes ago, Michael bird said:

I'm looking to sell my FTX carnage and buy a new RC but not Sure what to get. I have looked at the senton and it looks good. The MT looks interesting especially at that price? I look forward to what you think of it once you receive it.

I got it for 233 delivered as well, a nice bonus over other sites :D 

8 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Arrma Senton 3s... As long as you're not running in heavy grass it should be perfect.

Or failing that, the Associated Rival MT10... I have pre-ordered one which should be here tomorrow, I plan to do a little comparison and thoughts on the MT10 vs my Senton 3s, if you aren't in a rush, maybe wait for some reviews of the MT10?

Here is my Senton.

Thanks. These two had crossed my mind. I wasn’t sure how a short course truck compares to a monster truck for bashing as I’ve never owned one. Definitely one to consider. And the MT10 looks great, especially for the price but as you say, is untested in terms of durability. I’d be keen to see your opinion once you have tested it. My dad’s bday is in June so I have a bit of time. 

4 hours ago, MattW123 said:

Thanks. These two had crossed my mind. I wasn’t sure how a short course truck compares to a monster truck for bashing as I’ve never owned one. Definitely one to consider. And the MT10 looks great, especially for the price but as you say, is untested in terms of durability. I’d be keen to see your opinion once you have tested it. My dad’s bday is in June so I have a bit of time. 

I plan to test the durability of the MT10 today, it arrived this morning, my GoPro is on charge as are a 2s and 3s pack, so I plan to do a comparison between 2s and 3s for people, as well as some bashing, hopefully the little gravel area I go to has a decent jump to use, they dump and remove gravel a lot so it's unpredictable.

4 hours ago, Michael bird said:

Great price, where from?

https://www.makeitbuildit.co.uk/team-associated-rival-mt10-rtr-truck-brushless-2-3s-rated-85343

Discount code; welcomeback - they've just gone out of stock today though, must have sold the first few quite quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

I plan to test the durability of the MT10 today, it arrived this morning, my GoPro is on charge as are a 2s and 3s pack, so I plan to do a comparison between 2s and 3s for people, as well as some bashing, hopefully the little gravel area I go to has a decent jump to use, they dump and remove gravel a lot so it's unpredictable.

https://www.makeitbuildit.co.uk/team-associated-rival-mt10-rtr-truck-brushless-2-3s-rated-85343

Discount code; welcomeback - they've just gone out of stock today though, must have sold the first few quite quickly.

Thank you very much👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Great! I look forward to it!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 03/03/2020 at 22:24, Oh How Original said:

Here is my Senton.

Dan, now you sort of have both which one is a keeper?

(I know it’s a senton, but it’s still an Armma!)

3 hours ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Dan, now you sort of have both which one is a keeper?

(I know it’s a senton, but it’s still an Armma!)

The Senton and the Granite are basically exactly the same underneath, different body and wheels, can't comment on arms and such, but they will be made to the same quality so the length isn't important.

I still have my Senton and my MT10.

The MT10 is still in two pieces after my Dad used it last time in the quarry.

The Senton took hours of abuse and is sat on the wardrobe waiting for me to charge a battery and beat it more.

I don't really like to tell people what to get, but out of the two I'd have the Granite.

I keep snapping arms and chassis (three arms, two chassis) on the MT10.

But that being said it is exceptionally good fun, something about it's slightly smaller size, makes it almost like a Lunchbox in sillyness and I just really like that, so I've got a few arms and chassis braces put by.

• Like 1

Thanks for the opinion, the Granite is in stock at MS the MT10 is nowhere in the UK for £250 & I wouldn’t pay more for it, knowing how impatient I am it’ll probably be the Granite for me!

on a side note, what’s MS current dispatch times? Anyone know?