• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Paul's MT410 Thread

Paul Busby

18 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

How about putting an O ring in the drive cup... Waste of time?

Won’t make any difference unless you shorten the driveshaft / brace etc. 

let’s be honest, we’re talking about really quite significant bangs from ridiculous heights at the end of the day! Hehe

you got yours apart yet to see what damage? 

Won’t make any difference unless you shorten the driveshaft / brace etc. 

let’s be honest, we’re talking about really quite significant bangs from ridiculous heights at the end of the day! Hehe

you got yours apart yet to see what damage? 
Not yet mate, no. Been doing 2 jobs at once recently... Hopefully tomorrow.

Yikes... Most of the planets are just dust!

So it turns out it was the front diff, but all things considered I'm not totally broken up by losing a sun gear and the planet gears. Everything else survived fine and looking at the grime that's been getting into the nooks and crannies, it is about time I started a bit of a refresh.

I'll refresh the rear and centre diff when all my bits arrive.c5afb9701e6cc2eb8ce397bdf6fadc2d.jpg

8 minutes ago, coda_zac said:

Nice 😉 . What tires do you run? 

Backflip LPs at the time of this. It was something jammed in the spur gear that caused it though.

I do like these M2C diff cases, although I've had to use alternative shims this time as the provided ones are all a bit bent out of shape. I used Core RC CR442 if anyone is interested, and I think I actually prefer these to the weird rectangle ones that come with the case, although I think the original ones are designed such that they don't rotate...

Edited by Paul Busby

10 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

Backflip LPs at the time of this. It was something jammed in the spur gear that caused it though.

I do like these M2C diff cases, although I've had to use alternative shims this time as the provided ones are all a bit bent out of shape. I used Core RC CR442 if anyone is interested, and I think I actually prefer these to the weird rectangle ones that come with the case, although I think the original ones are designed such that they don't rotate...

Good tires for this MT and no too heavy.  As well as shockwave. I wonder if that's a time to service mine  ( seen an advice somewhere it should be done after 10-13 packs). Original sqare bushings are that shape to prevent rotation, you're right ;)

hehe.. Bit of a mess!... Well at least it was something obvious that caused it [emoji106]

But had something else broken off to jam it??

My MT is still on it's original diffs and set up....
Na it was just something jammed in the centre spur, but thats already upgraded to the hardened steel one, so that's barely scratched.

It's back together now and just needs the wheelie bar sorting. The Jato one does actually fit quite nicely, but I'm trying to make some brackets so that it's actually screwed into something.

So after having a minor scare where I thought I had lost the same diff again, it turned out to be the input drive cup grub coming loose... what a surprise.

Anyway the other wheelie bar bits arrived today, and I like this a lot more. The Jato one is going in my random bits box and I've ordered some more bits to make it work. Spacers, washers, bigger bearings and some bolts. Already have some 1:18 linkages which I'll use.

I'll do a little "how too" on how I get it to work, credit of course going to @mydoddy69 for the original idea.