• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ftx Dr8 1/8 desert racer

Fly In My Soup

On 08/02/2020 at 11:37, capri-boy said:

CML have one in a damaged box for £320...  not much saving over MS £350 retail.  Had it been south of £300 it'd be on the way to me by now.  I love the look - Associated's Nomad was high on my list (as was the new metric version of the Losi - the original is in my top 5 RC's owned of all time) - though the FTX is the weakest of the contenders visually.  The Nomad highest and had some pretty reasonable price drops recently

Yep i saw that one on end of line but not much of a saving. Nomad was £399 last I checked with a 10% off coupon on eBay so for £50 more you get a much better quality truck which was what put me off this . Agreed the losi is a beast but not the same size really regret selling mine oh well you live and learn 🥴

• 9 months later...

Anybody know what this is a copy of or is they a copy of it that sells aluminium upgrades? Can only find the bit for the suspension, i love the truck btw its awsome been blasting a 4s and its still rapids cant wait to plug the 6 s in just goto find space to blast it first

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, drgreenthumb90 said:

Still no luck finding aluminium parts can anyone help us out please

The only ones around are those hinge pin braces other than that sorry your out of luck. 

That’s the thing with these cheap brands you either get the company making a ton of cheap upgrades or none  at all and no one in the aftermarket world gets involved sadly 

Unfortunately that is very true.  Had similar problems with cheapy 1/18 banggood specials in the past, luckily they're fairly generic so there's usually something the right size that works or that can be modded to fit, but no doubt there will be a time when something critical goes pop, and I'll be forced to sling it in the dustbin...   That's why I only buy established (from a spares POV) brands now, particularly anything 1/10 or bigger.

From. Researching past few days av found that some of the parts arw the same as an arrma something or other so im gunna give that a shot, its had a serious beating and the only thing to break is the rear suspension thing and new plastic parts are readily available, it was mainly for aesthetics as i think plastic just looks crap, banggood spesh got a mn99s and its a beast haha

• 4 months later...