• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Xmas presents for 9 year old twins.

Light875

Hi guys and gals.

I'm looking to get my 9 year old twins a RTR RC car for xmas this year with a budget sub-£200 and have pretty much narrowed down the huge range of options to the following;

Traxxas. Rustler XL 5 RTR

Traxxas Stampede XL 5 RTR

The thought was to get one of each so that they are similar but not the same ( anyone with twins will understand the dilemma of treating them equal but not getting the same things all the time! )

From the description of the Stampede it seems to say that the built in ESC can handle 2s LiPo, but there is no such statement on the Rustler even though the ESC appears to be the exact same one,  Can anyone say for sure that it can handle 2s?  This would be very useful as I already have a number of 2s packs and a charger which would save me buying NiMH ones.

I had considered the FTX Carnage but they are very limited stock at the moment and Xmas is only a week away.  Does anyone have any other suggestions within this kind of budget?

I'd say those two are as good as you'll get really.

There is the ftx siege and edge which are the same car with different wheels and body. Much cheaper aswell

My recommendation would be the ftx carnage and the bugsta as they're as capable as each other and they're 4wd so they can drive in grass more easily. 2wd can be pretty rubbish for grass 🤷🏻‍♂️. Shame that there's limited stock for the carnage

Edited by fnknan

XL5 is the same in either car so you can run LiPos.

Personally I'd get two the same. Then you can share spares more easily when they break.

Stampede if you're gonna be driving on rougher stuff or grass. Rustler for smoother, harder surfaces unless you upgrade the tyres.

Sent from my S55 using Tapatalk