• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 5ive t engine advice please

maxamus

Hi all 

a newb to this lark lol, I have just recently been gifted a losi 5ive t  with a 26cc 2 stroke , long story but anyway, with it not having a tx or rx I fitted one of my aero rx's and binded it with my tx  all was good whacked some 25/1 fuel in gave it a few pulls and it fires up for about 15 or so seconds then stopped , since then I have not been  able to get it to start , there's a spark ,compression, but it will not start so off it went to the local rc car shop ,and they couldn't get it started after an hour @ a cost of £30 an hr labour so its now back home , ive pulled off the carb didn't see anything odd or outta place , so now I am looking for advice, don't  want to be throwing loads of cash at it trying this and that ,  or on the other hand should I just buy a new engine and be done with it? currently is fitted with the CY180146B 26cc . I am  looking possibly at this https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/engine-parts-upgrades/complete-engines/km-29cc-4-bolt-engine.html is this a direct swap over job ? 

or should I be looking at simple things to try 1st ? to save the old engine .

looking forward to some suggestions from you guys

regards Maxamus 

Thanks for the reply Mond .

the guy at the shop tried everything ,also resetting the needles back to standard settings , still no joy I am wondering if it could be the coil  although I tested for a spark which was present , I wonder if its to weak or failing sometimes ?? 

Edited by maxamus

Have you tried a new spark plug? 

Also If it's getting fuel then it will definitely be flooded after trying to start it for half an hour. 

• 2 weeks later...

lol don't think I will , new problem today though first run got carb tuned, car going well but then had a flip all ok but then noticed when I apply brake it wasn't really working and it was applying a little bit of throttle but also noticed some of my settings had changed on my tx  as new to this  I'm unsure if I've altered thr throttle brake settings on one of the channels. and the servo when set to brake is twitching  

Sorting out the brake, throttle and idle is pretty easy. Loosen everything up, set the channel to 0 with no subtrim or end points. Once it's all centred, work out the throttle first and get that all sorted and add the end point then do the same with the brakes. Undo the retainers as well if needed. The manual itself details this. 

It takes a bit of playing around to get the servo centred and will need some adjustments on the retainers and will need some trial and error, especially on the breaks. Follow the manual though, the setup the manual gives you on the 5ive is pretty damn good.

Edited by mond