• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Helion Avenge 10mt XLR

btiratsoo

Evening all

I have just bought myself a Helion Avenge 10mt XLR as a reintroduction to RC's. Bear in mind my last ones were a nitro XTM Mammoth and a GS Storm - many things have changed since then. I used to frequent the Max Bashing do's at the track near Guildford. The biggest thing I have noticed is that there are no more crystals which makes life a lot easier! Originally when I discovered this site I was after a Losi FiveT but it was such a large outlay and also finding somewhere to run it was a bit of an issue. 

Anyway onto the truck. So far I have only run for about an hour on the 2 x 1800mAh NiMH batteries that came with it - 1 in the box and 1 bought at the same time. Sadly the run time was about 10 minutes on them and it was fairly slow. I have only run the truck in the garden on flat grass and at the local skatepark which was brilliant fun! I have just bought 2 5000mAh 3S lipos and a charger and I am very much looking forward to seeing what 3S is all about. A quick spin in the garden yesterday was just that on 3s, bloody quick! 

I'll get some photos up at some point and maybe even a video if I can work out how to do that. Looking forward to taking it up to the BMX track soon as 3S should be wikid fun. 

I'm genuinely impressed by the quality of the truck and radio gear, even though I am essentially a newbie and am only comparing it to a nitro truck from 15 years ago! Its been crashed right on the nose from about 8ft up and so far all that has happened is the sway bar at the front popped off its ball joint. 

Any info, hints, tips and ideas are much appreciated bearing in mind how new Lipos are to me too! I have never owned a hobby grade electric truck either as I moved into nitro from toy grade RCs 

Cheers

Ben