• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Savage and Tamiya MAN

blueovalcraig

MAN looks awesome, your 1:1 in the last pic?

Cheers mate, no I don’t drive for MacKirdy just know the family quite well and like their wagons. I have a photo of my model next to the 1:1 with the same reg as my model but I can’t find it.

I drive this
6426ba89eb37979b04bb405334e7e443.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Very well done on the MAN Craig. 
Pictured under the right conditions you'd never know it wasn't a full size one honestly. 

Like the Savage too. [emoji6] 

Thank you. Means a lot. I built it about 5 years ago but my trouble is, I don’t really have anywhere to ‘play’

The Savage is fun but I’m thinking of selling it for some money towards another 1/14 truck

10 minutes ago, blueovalcraig said:

Thank you. Means a lot. I built it about 5 years ago but my trouble is, I don’t really have anywhere to ‘play’

The Savage is fun but I’m thinking of selling it for some money towards another 1/14 truck

I know what that's like. 

I've loved and lost so many R/c vehicles over the years I must be mad. Some I wish I could have back and others I know I did the right thing getting rid of when I did as I put the money towards other "toys" or hobbies. 

Have you got much money in the Savage or is it mainly standard? 

If it's modded I'd highly suggest you sell the mods separately and go back to stock as you'll make more money selling it like that as well as increase the chances of more sales. 

It is a decision only you can make but personally I do think it makes sense to sell the Savage if you've no where sensible to use it and you're hankering for something new & exciting. Like a new truck build. 

I know what that's like. 
I've loved and lost so many R/c vehicles over the years I must be mad. Some I wish I could have back and others I know I did the right thing getting rid of when I did as I put the money towards other "toys" or hobbies. 

Have you got much money in the Savage or is it mainly standard? 
If it's modded I'd highly suggest you sell the mods separately and go back to stock as you'll make more money selling it like that as well as increase the chances of more sales. 

It is a decision only you can make but personally I do think it makes sense to sell the Savage if you've no where sensible to use it and you're hankering for something new & exciting. Like a new truck build. 

Not got much in the Savage. I added a battery status monitor, receiver hump pack battery, wheelie bar and a metal spur gear.

How much would you say it’s worth? It’s a 2014 model

3 minutes ago, blueovalcraig said:

Not got much in the Savage. I added a battery status monitor, receiver hump pack battery, wheelie bar and a metal spur gear.

How much would you say it’s worth? It’s a 2014 model

No idea on it's value sorry.

Best bet is to check for sales on here to see the prices similar ones have gone for as well as do a search on eBay to compare prices on there. Price will obviously be reflected in condition as well. 

Other option is to start a thread asking "what's it worth" if that's allowed.

As for the added extras you could always remove the easy items like the wheelie bar and battery status monitor for a few extra pounds. Won't add a lot to the Savage used price imho.