• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dartmoor's SCX10 II - Builders kit

Been looking at brass parts for mine to up the weight, spotted a few things i like, such as Vanquish SLW hub compatible inner wheel weights, adding 280g at the axles, and inner driveshafts, adding another 49g.

Also spotted steel axle casings on eBay somewhere too, can’t remember how heavy but they’re surely heavier than alloy axles. 
I'm still waiting for more testing of this rig before looking at more weight. But if it needs it then I'll be getting:
SSD00207 - front axle @ 75g without anything in it. Stock is 25g, £22 approx.
SSD00193 - knuckles @ 70g per knuckle, £35
SSD00145 - C-hubs, aluminium so no weight 'gains' really but required nonetheless! £21
SSD00209 - rear axle @ 100g, no internals. Stock is 25g, £22.
£100 for the lot and the look awesome!

I really don't want rotating mass so wouldn't go for hubs.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Put windows in, then took them out again as the glue didn't hold[emoji2959]
Nonetheless, we're pretty much all done, all i need now is to take it out for a good few hours up on the moors to see how it climbs property as the back garden just isn't good enough!
It has proved there's buckets of torque from the 550 sized motor, very quiet running and those tyres are simply awesome. Keen to see them up against for the Flat Irons that I run on the Hilux.9c4b713639b9144c9728e5307dd7fb6f.jpgb7861eeb2a4a1fc561daf64b11b9a881.jpg23c65061f1c5336bcc9a76e38aea203f.jpga742bbc8d6bc3435b3e614780c86476b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Whats the story with Angus...?
Local kid who did good with his bike and worked for moredirt, even with cystic fibrosis.
Nice read here: https://www.moredirt.com/features/Celebrating-the-life-of-Angus-McIntosh/6986/
Some YouTubes out there as well.
The run this morning included about half the trails created above Canonteign falls [emoji106]