• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hello all!

Tintin

Hi Guys,

Have read several posts on your forum for info in the past, and found them to be very informative.

Thought I would sign up, so I can ask questions too!
Look out for newbie questions later.... ?

Son has had an RC car for a a while now, and I am looking to get a toy too!

Tintin

• Like 1

It is a BSD Racing Prime Desert Assault V2, brushed version.

TBH, i thought it would be an expensive 5 minute wonder....

However after a having it for at least 18months, and thourghly enjoyed it, I think it was a great investment.

We have rebuilt it several times, and it has been fun to work on it with him. We have changed the motor, bought extra batteries, and rebuilt the rear differential - becasue the wee pin that holds the drive cog on came out and it striped the gear. But nothing difficult of terminal. 

I know it is cheap car, but it has stood up to a ton of abuse, the shell is still in one peice, and the electronics is well covered. 

I am however look for some thing else, to play with him, but unsure what to get. 

Will post in the main threads to get some advice from you guys.

great videos! 

I wasn't aware of that BSD model. Haven't seen it on any of the online shops. 

Is this the newer version:-

https://www.centuryuk.com/RC-Cars-and-Trucks/Electric-Cars/Flux-Rampage/15258-/Flux-Rampage-4wd-Truck-Super-110th-Brushless

If it is it is more than I was to pay. But I will have a look on ebay to see what turns up.  

great videos! 
I wasn't aware of that BSD model. Haven't seen it on any of the online shops. 
Is this the newer version:-
https://www.centuryuk.com/RC-Cars-and-Trucks/Electric-Cars/Flux-Rampage/15258-/Flux-Rampage-4wd-Truck-Super-110th-Brushless
If it is it is more than I was to pay. But I will have a look on ebay to see what turns up.  
£300 new, is quite a price. I've never bought a new RC, always go used cause I'm tight!!! That said I like the look of the new Redcat Camo X4!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/09/2018 at 16:22, Tintin said:

Hi Guys,

Have read several posts on your forum for info in the past, and found them to be very informative.

Thought I would sign up, so I can ask questions too!
Look out for newbie questions later.... ?

Son has had an RC car for a a while now, and I am looking to get a toy too!

Tintin

Hello mate n welcome to the forum ;) anything that you need/want to know then this is the place to be!! Bcoz great bunch of lads and great advice and information!! :)