• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KM, Rovan, 30DNT quality?

ICONIC

Been away for a while from the RC hobby but Im thinking to start again. Been looking at the clones. Use to have a Rovan Baja 7-8 years ago and I was not to impressed then of the quality. I had to exchange everything, more or less. The plastic was very brittle and things was breaking very easy. Have there been any improvement since then? Feel free to tell me more of these brands!

King Motor = very good, equal to HPI, I've run both side by side and owned many of both, so I can say that with absolute honesty, the only things I'd say about KM are the wheels are quite poor, which I've snapped every brand going anyway, so none are perfect.

Rovan, wouldn't own anything made by them personally, seen too many people break stuff even during the running in period.

I bought a second hand one and it bent the chassis in transit it was that weak, it was second hand but brand new.

I don't know about 30DNT having never owned one.