• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI3 - Nitro Racing @ HNMC

QRC

Well I never thought I would ever go back to nitro, but due to a certain YT vid featuring Mike Cradock hooning a Kyosho around, got me thinking, my nearest track is HNMC, a mere 42 miles away, it had to be done, in addition a member on this forum, my local bashing colleague, @Euphoria,has decided to enter the racing world as well.

So two of these cars arrived this morning and preparation is underway for their break in,

jSQeBbS.jpg

gEmHZih.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Time for an update, engine break in was carried out over the last two days, day one in rain and today dry at least. Ended up using a fusion of engine break in techniques. All went very well, final tune this coming Saturday at a large scale bash in north Norfolk. Anyhow here’s a few pic and vids,

PoK6S6X.jpg

Edited by QRC

HNMC is a great place to run, only 20mins from me! Some really good guys there, unfortunately I no longer have the time to commit to racing but I sometimes pop over on a weekday and hit the track :) 

Looking forward to reading the updates!

1 hour ago, James1986 said:

HNMC is a great place to run, only 20mins from me! Some really good guys there, unfortunately I no longer have the time to commit to racing but I sometimes pop over on a weekday and hit the track :) 

Looking forward to reading the updates!

Are the weekdays not that busy ??.

Edited by QRC

On 04/09/2018 at 14:41, QRC said:

Are the weekdays not that busy ??.

Not busy at all - i'm often the only one there, worst case 2 or 3 others. If there's a national coming up then quite a few of the team drivers practice during the week. I tend to stay out the way on the basher track on those days :D 

14 minutes ago, James1986 said:

Not busy at all - i'm often the only one there, worst case 2 or 3 others. If there's a national coming up then quite a few of the team drivers practice during the week. I tend to stay out the way on the basher track on those days :D 

Thank you for the info, there would be two of us, glad it won’t be to crowd, my driving at times leaves a lot to be desired ??

No worries, enjoy! If you've still got your Wraith your £12 gets you onto the crawler track too - can easily spend most the day there. Just bare in mind they only take cash for the track fee :good: 

19 hours ago, James1986 said:

No worries, enjoy! If you've still got your Wraith your £12 gets you onto the crawler track too - can easily spend most the day there. Just bare in mind they only take cash for the track fee :good: 

Still got the Wraith and TRX4, looking to get years membership.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gary45 said:

Hi I’m thinking about buying a tki3 what thay like. Are thay worth the money. Thanks 

What are you going to do, bash or race ??.

It is an awesome, which can take a real beating !!. 

18 minutes ago, Gary45 said:

A bit of both really need to see if I can still use them before trying to race anything 

Okay, might be an idea to head down to your local club/ track on a race day, have chat with them and see the choice of cars in action.

I have pushed my Inferno to the limit, on multiple different surfaces, with no breakages, it been the easiest engine to break in and tune.

The only issue myself and another member on here, local basher to me, is the the pull start, not up to the job. Both of us have starter boxes, so not a great deal.

• 1 month later...