• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lidl glider conversions

Three conversions planned here

Front prop puller, Edf pusher / pitcheron soarer, and just for fun....a converted drone plane!

First up (as I'm waiting for parts on the old rowing boat) is the drone plane conversion

Seen peter sripol's paper plane flier made from a nano drone and thought sack it, why not try scale it up

This is currently using the carbon boom and rear v wing which should hopefully provide extra stability.parts donated from a syma x8 drone, extra wing tips epoxied on, cavity hollowed, finally sorted longe range antenna on tx etc etc.

this may not even work with a glider, let alone one this large, I've just bench tested it and of 'runs' so time will tell....

The idea is to take two back motors (1A & 1B) and lose the front two, keep the gyro, everything's mixed and ran off one sole stick ! (Left)

Bit of fun whilst Amari plastics deliver the chassis for plastic fantastic build.

DvumEym.jpg

PhyTh4E.jpg

DvumEym.jpg

If it doesn't work, this will be a dedicated front prop pusher.

Here it is being field tested for glide capability with front motor setup earlier today

0hECqD8.jpg

Edited by Fly In My Soup

• 2 weeks later...