• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Just bought another

wiggy2k7

After buying a Kyosho DRX VE the other week i've now gone and bought my 2nd rc. I thought the price was too good to turn down. A HPI Trophy Truggy Flux, Its basically like new and hardly been used. It came with 4 lipo batteries and 2 chargers. I paid £180 for it, which i think is a good deal? Iv'e already ran a couple of packs through it up and down the street, all works as it should. Looking forward to running it more. Here's a few pics

20180606_154415.jpg

20180606_154531.jpg

20180606_154623.jpg

20180606_155218.jpg

• Like 3

If you bought a car the other week, now another consider yourself a soon to be RC addict :lol: great buy and a good price. Had the nitro version of this and enjoyed it. I’m sure the BL version is just as good if not better! :D 

Good deal there matey :)

Couple of things that are vulnerable:

Get a couple of pairs of shock shafts spare and when the internal planetary diff gears let go get the #101142 hard ones to replace them.

The plastic hinge pin holder at the bottom back of front diff can snap. If so replace with the vorza alloy one #67384.

There are a few other bits that went on mine but if you don't jump it like a loon they're sweet :)

Still have mine.

Edited by dazp1976

3 hours ago, 53HRA said:

If you bought a car the other week, now another consider yourself a soon to be RC addict :lol: great buy and a good price. Had the nitro version of this and enjoyed it. I’m sure the BL version is just as good if not better! :D 

Thanks, i dont think the Mrs would let me have any more, im skating on thin ice buying 2 ☹️

40 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

Good deal there matey :)

Couple of things that are vulnerable:

Get a couple of pairs of shock shafts spare and when the internal planetary diff gears let go get the #101142 hard ones to replace them.

The plastic hinge pin holder at the bottom back of front diff can snap. If so replace with the vorza alloy one #67384.

There are a few other bits that went on mine but if you don't jump it like a loon they're sweet :)

Still have mine.

Yeah i've read that there are a few fragile parts on them, i'll just upgrade if/when things break.

Do you know if these droop screws are for my truggy?

4 hours ago, wiggy2k7 said:

Thanks, i dont think the Mrs would let me have any more, im skating on thin ice buying 2 ☹️

Yeah i've read that there are a few fragile parts on them, i'll just upgrade if/when things break.

Do you know if these droop screws are for my truggy?

No not those. The official ones are Z725. Set screw type.

https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/Z725

Don't pay stupid for bolts and stuff. Can get a 10 pack of them set screw ones M4x10mm  for £1.15 here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M2-M2-5-M3-M4-BLACK-HIGH-TENSILE-CUP-POINT-GRUB-SCREWS-HEX-SOCKET-SET-SCREW-14-9-/323043683364?var=&hash=item773fbe7f74

One of my go to places.

Edited by dazp1976

14 hours ago, Tug said:

Two? That it? Don't get me started! Count up her shoes and handbags! How many of those does she have? ?

Or do what I do and hide them? ?

Haha, yeah i suppose i could always pull that card with her if she starts ?

11 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

No not those. The official ones are Z725. Set screw type.

https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/Z725

Don't pay stupid for bolts and stuff. Can get a 10 pack of them set screw ones M4x10mm  for £1.15 here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M2-M2-5-M3-M4-BLACK-HIGH-TENSILE-CUP-POINT-GRUB-SCREWS-HEX-SOCKET-SET-SCREW-14-9-/323043683364?var=&hash=item773fbe7f74

One of my go to places.

Thanks, i'll order the cheaper ones

Edited by wiggy2k7