• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Realistic 4x4 Scale Crawler

Hello all,

I have been out of the RC scene for a while now and decided to get back into it.. wanting a realistic 4X4 scale crawler like a Jeep Wrangler.

I have a new hobby which is a road legal LTZ 400 quad bike.

Something along the lines of this video with scale items such as Flags, gas can etc..

Would it be worth going with a Traxxas land rover and changing the body to a Jeep Wrangler or buying a SCX10 II Kit and building it?

To fit a body onto the SCX10 II Kit would it need more mods etc?

Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DBXL Smithy said:

Hello all,

I have been out of the RC scene for a while now and decided to get back into it.. wanting a realistic 4X4 scale crawler like a Jeep Wrangler.

I have a new hobby which is a road legal LTZ 400 quad bike.

Something along the lines of this video with scale items such as Flags, gas can etc..

Would it be worth going with a Traxxas land rover and changing the body to a Jeep Wrangler or buying a SCX10 II Kit and building it?

To fit a body onto the SCX10 II Kit would it need more mods etc?

Thanks.

Sorry won’t be any help only just getting in to the crawling side off Rc myself. Currently have a axciel scx10 ii Kit which I am loving so far (was a fairly straight forward build) tho want to do some updates as it’s a bit top heavy as stock. 

Havw also ordered a RC4WD Gelande II Truck Kit with Defender D90 Body Which i hope comes tomorrow and can’t wait to get it built with some upgrades for it and a few scale parts for both cars. 

Gret video by by the way 

thanks 

Edited by Rustypeb

38 minutes ago, Rustypeb said:

Sorry won’t be any help only just getting in to the crawling side off Rc myself. Currently have a axciel scx10 ii Kit which I am loving so far (was a fairly straight forward build) tho want to do some updates as it’s a bit top heavy as stock. 

Havw also ordered a RC4WD Gelande II Truck Kit with Defender D90 Body Which i hope comes tomorrow and can’t wait to get it built with some upgrades for it and a few scale parts for both cars. 

Gret video by by the way 

thanks 

Not my video but here's another brilliant one..

I'd love a D110 Hard body with open doors, interior etc but not sure if it'll fit on a SCX10 chassis.

22 minutes ago, DBXL Smithy said:

Not my video but here's another brilliant one..

I'd love a D110 Hard body with open doors, interior etc but not sure if it'll fit on a SCX10 chassis.

Looks great, 

yeah originally brought the scx10 ii as my local hobby shop said cml are coming out with a d90 shell for it but think the wheel base is too long for a d90 to look any good have been told it can be done but you need to change most off the arms on it to shorten it. Hence why I decided to go for the rc4wd d90 kit. Really do love the d90’s always wanted a real one but think this is the best I will be able to do. 

1 minute ago, Rustypeb said:

Looks great, 

yeah originally brought the scx10 ii as my local hobby shop said cml are coming out with a d90 shell for it but think the wheel base is too long for a d90 to look any good have been told it can be done but you need to change most off the arms on it to shorten it. Hence why I decided to go for the rc4wd d90 kit. Really do love the d90’s always wanted a real one but think this is the best I will be able to do. 

Like this :D?

• Like 1

Thanks will have to check them out for parts if I need them, already ordered the kit I linked earlier. Did make a order for some scale bits with greensmodels yesterday night and spoke to them this morning as unfortunately one part was out off stock but he refunded me that and is sending me the more expensive version to make up for it so really impressed with there customer service so far. Think I will be using them again for any bits I need. good customer service means a lot to me. 

Edited by Rustypeb
  • Like 1