• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

6th May basher meet Wakefield

Barry Thomson

• 4 weeks later...

It's a shame I missed this. Please let us know if there are any more

On 29/04/2018 at 20:22, Barry Thomson said:

The postcode is WF45ER. Head all the way down Forge lane and under the railway into the car park. The BMX track and fields are up to the left behind the trees

8 hours ago, Barry Thomson said:

There will be another at the same time and location on the 3rd of June

Ace! I am free that day. If my cars are still in one piece I'll come. 

On 24/05/2018 at 09:00, Barry Thomson said:

Excellent. What car will you be bringing 

Hyper St brushless. My new motor should come today for it so it will be faster by then too :D

12 hours ago, Barry Thomson said:

Great! Later start for the next meet. Starting at 3pm due to a few people having to work in the morning

5B0BF88B-4F7C-4051-BB1E-84E08055DD52.jpeg

Am I right in thinking, after looking at aerial views of the site, that the car park is some distance from where you operate the cars? 

I have difficulty walking (Blue Badge), so need to, in effect, operate from my car boot.

2 hours ago, Shudson said:

Am I right in thinking, after looking at aerial views of the site, that the car park is some distance from where you operate the cars? 

I have difficulty walking (Blue Badge), so need to, in effect, operate from my car boot.

It is away from the area where you would park, But the postcode gives an industrial building, if you look at google maps and follow forge lane untill you go under the railway bridge you will see a clearing that is surrounded by trees, you would have a 2-3 min walk from there.

5 minutes ago, TheP0acher said:

It is away from the area where you would park, But the postcode gives an industrial building, if you look at google maps and follow forge lane untill you go under the railway bridge you will see a clearing that is surrounded by trees, you would have a 2-3 min walk from there.

Thanks. That is what I thought, but too far for me, I'm afraid.

My esc fan has very died today. Thankfully it thermal shut down rather than exploding like my last one. I took it apart and it looks like one of the blade has fallen off which would explain why it has failed so fast. I should have it back running for the weekend though. 

Also if anyone coming has a program card for a hobbywing 150a esc that I can borrow just to change my lvc because it seems to be set at 3.5/3.6v per cell atm I would appreciate it.