• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Etronix Photon 2.0 motor and 2.1 esc together

Matt_UK_007

Has anyone any experience with running a photon 2.1 esc with a 2.0 motor?

On my ftx vantage last summer the esc blew so I’ve replaced it with the photon 2.1 60amp esc but I’m getting bad cogging on it. I’ve re-soldered all connections so I’m sure it’s not “bad connection” related. 

I havent got the programming card for the 2.1 esc so that was my next option to see if tweaking the settings will sort it. 

With the “stock” 2.0 esc and motor it had before worked Ok with no cogging, so I’m new to this type of issue. 

Appreciate anyone’s advice and guidance ?

Edited by Matt_UK_007

Will be fine, i have a photon 60amp 2.0 ESC and 3300kv 2.0 motor.....i then swapped out the motor for a 4300kv 2.1 motor and all works fine...no cogging and thats with a higher kv motor.

Edited by RCpete

1 hour ago, norcoforever said:

My question would be what caused the previous esc to blow is there something wrong in the drivetrain causing excessive drag or potentially a duff motor

Think it was excessive strain running on long grass last summer. Lasted 5+ years so I would say a good innings