• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Outback lipo help.

So I wanna convert to using lipos having had a couple of months in and decided I’m staying ...

My FTX outback is what I’m using most so gonna start with that. I run a hobby wing 1060 esc. I don’t mean that sound dumb but what battery should I look at getting ? And maybe another noob question but do they weigh the same as the equivalent size nimh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple, a teeny tiny 2S graphene 1000mah which runs the truck fine but only for short periods, and a more sensible 2200mah one which'll do a reasonably long crawl. But really it's up to you, I don't mind swapping batteries, some people prefer a big one and long life.

Unless you go massive it'll be lighter than the stock nimh. Anything about the same size will be lighter, more powerful and longer lived. Just be careful of connectors, unless you can solder it's a total pain to accidentally buy the wrong one.

• Like 1

I have a couple, a teeny tiny 2S graphene 1000mah which runs the truck fine but only for short periods, and a more sensible 2200mah one which'll do a reasonably long crawl. But really it's up to you, I don't mind swapping batteries, some people prefer a big one and long life.

Unless you go massive it'll be lighter than the stock nimh. Anything about the same size will be lighter, more powerful and longer lived. Just be careful of connectors, unless you can solder it's a total pain to accidentally buy the wrong one.

I’m swapping my esc to deans ive ordered. My current tamiya connector needs a wiggle to work anyway so replacing that was needed. I’m gonna go 4000 ish I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're putting deans on your esc, hobbyking do connector converters for their connectors for £2.50 For 2. It saves farting around soldering. I run em with the 4000MAH 2s hardcase lipo in my outlaw with zero problems :D

• 1 year later...