• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Postage of RC car with lipo battery?

taiwan

hey guys.

im trying to sell one of my rc cars with the lipo battery i purchased for it, however i dont want the item to be destroyed for me getting it wrong.

Is it possible to send the battery with the car or not? theres so much rules and guidelines pertaining to the postage of lithium batteries in general that its actually confusing.

I think i can send it, as long as its contained within the item that it powers, however, how does this apply to RC cars? Mobile phones i can understand. But its a much higher, more powerful unit in our rc cars?!

This is the bumph they list for batteries that arent connected

Electronic devices sent with lithium batteries
(including mobile phones, digital cameras, etc) where the battery is
not
connected
to the device.
Packaging guidelines:
The maximum number of lithium batteries allowed in
each parcel is the minimum number required to power the device plus two
spares. For lithium ion/polymer batteries the Watt-hour rating must not exceed
20Wh per cell or 100Wh per battery. For lithium metal/alloy batteries the lithium
content must not be more than 1g per cell or 2g per battery. The maximum net
quantity of cells or batteries is 5kg per parcel. Each cell and battery must be of a
type proven to meet the requirements of each test in the UN Manual of Tests and
Criteria, Part III, section 38.3. Cells or batteries that are defective or damaged
are forbidden. Cells and batteries must be packed in inner packagings that
completely enclose the cell or battery and protect them from short circuit. The
equipment sent with cells or batteries must be packed in strong rigid packaging
and must be secured against movement within the outer packaging and packed
to prevent accidental activation. Must be presented at the counter. Sender’s name
and address must be visible on the parcel

does it need to be packaged seperately within the chassis? or insulating tape around the terminals and balance plug, and strap it down like i would if i were using it sort of thing?

Edited by taiwan

When I posted mine I had it in battery tray but put tape around terminals to stop them touching anything I then told them it had an internal battery and they put a sticker on the parcel but let me post it fine. This was through post office by parcel force 48

The internal battery is a loop hole, intended for things the batteries don't really come out of (like many phones etc).  I've used it, openly telling the PO what's what - just make sure it's secure and well protected - particularly if it's a soft case.

they were useless in the post office. i asked them the guidelines and they just told me to read the pamphlet. Seems that they dont even know!