• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Techrc quadcopter purchased!

David1987

Picked up a techrc quadcopter today from the local gadget shop. £70 reduced to £35 so thought it was worth a go!

had 2 goes with it so far and I’m pretty impressed for the price. Easy to control, has a return home function, so the drone finds its way back to the controller and 3 sensitivity settings. It’s really light so probably best indoors but definitely good fun for £35. Also comes with a 0.3mp camera that can shoot video or take pics. Has a 3.7v 550mah battery that seems too last about 5 minutes. Hopefully should serve me to learn basic controls before buying a more expensive model. 

271F8378-B12C-46AB-87C7-702803CBF571.jpeg

@froggy8 yeah. It should have been £70 though. Didn’t plan to buy it, just seen and thought for the money it was worth a go. Went on eBay and picked up 4 spare batteries and a charger that charges all 4 at once for about 15 quid. 

Hoping to get a better drone like a dji or similar in the future so this should be a good learning tool to get used to basic controls :D

yeah i have started to look at quadcopter too, did you have a look on ebay for your quadcopter before you bought it?

dji is soooooo easy to fly, can actually fly it with eyes closed :D 

i wouldnt mind a race one as that would be bit harder to fly.

• Like 1

I’m not really into the photography side of it, I just want one for fun. The traxxas Aton looks good fun and it’s less than £400. I’m after one that I have to fly myself that can do stunts, tricks etc that takes time to master. I like the look of the dji’s but I’m put off a bit by how easy people say they are too fly. 

Edit: I would like a camera though, just so I can see were I’m going if I fly too far away!

Edited by David1987

1 hour ago, froggy8 said:

strange, it cost more without receiver.

More with the RX, I think it is on special at the mo with the PNP option, It is a good price, I almost hit the buy button, I would need to swap the RX out though as I don't have a FRSKY

2 minutes ago, Gavster29 said:

More with the RX, I think it is on special at the mo with the PNP option, It is a good price, I almost hit the buy button, I would need to swap the RX out though as I don't have a FRSKY

i clicked on with reciever and its 120 and without reciever its 158.

i've just finished building my racing drone, it really is not difficult

all part can be bought separately or as a kit for about £60, i already have a couple of decent transmitters and receivers but if you dont a flysky 6ch tx/rx can be bought cheap

have look on youtube at UAVfutures channel, he goes through the whole build process