• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

F1 Predictions

losidan

back then though wideboys like eddie jordan could get an f1 team together. nowt wrong with recognising talent and taking the risk to reap the reward if it works in my book...

Oh, I'm not against that and I wouldn't call Eddie a wideboy. He's an entrepreneur who spotted an opportunity.

I mentioned it so people would realise or remember that was what happened bac then, otherwise you don't get a real perspective.

Eddie Jordan's was a real shoestring-budget operation for some time and I greatly respect his business sense. I'm in business myself and I fully applaud Jordan's efforts. If Eddie made more money for his team (and himself) by going that route then that was absolutely the right thing to do.

In fact I'd go one step further than that; if any of the other teams had actually studied Schumacher when his dad knocked on THEIR doors they could have had hiim for free for the first year but THEY missed out. Not only did Jordan spot a potential superstar but he managed to persuade his family to PUT IN money. Now THAT's good business and a fair exchange of values: the Schumachers got a step on the ladder to Michael's ultimate goal which was to build his own team at Ferrari, and Eddie got a pot of extra money to buy a bigger bilgepump to keep his ship afloat another season. It was a brilliant move for both.

who was best for you? senna or schumacher...love them or hate them they were mega

I can never understand those who moan on about the truly great people in our world. Burning ambition and eager desire should be encouraged not moaned about. I guess it's the British disease.

At the top of your field, whatever that is, there is only a small gap in talent between the also rans and those who truly stand out. The difference is burning desire, either you've got it or not. If you have it, failure isn't an end result, it's the start of the next step, to learning what went wrong and putting it right. If you don't have it, failure os an end in itself and the insecurity will lead on to looking for somebody else to blame.

Those who have the burning desire will always be looking for the opportunity. When it arrives they might only have a couple of thousandths of a second to recognise it, weigh up risk & reward, then act upon it. Those who don't have the buring desire will not even see the opportunity, they'll just be another "also-ran" and come into the pits to b*tch about getting cut up into the first bend. It's F1 guys, this is the absolute pinnacle of motorsport, it's not a carnival procession!!!!!

Schumacher or Senna? Oh that's a close one.

They raced together for 2 years and Senna out-drove Schumacher over and again..... But Senna was in his mid 30s and at the peak of his career where Schumacher was an upcoming talent. It was obvious in Senna's last season that Michael would be his greatest ever rival. If only we had them together 1 or 2 more years.

What would have happened if Senna hadn't lost it at Tamburello? Nobody will ever know. Remember there but for the grace of God and all that; Schumacher was the one directly behind Ayrton when he came off. That same weekend F1 lost Ratzenberger and Barichello had an almost fatal crash where he came off the track at a higher speed than Ayrton, launching himself over the tyre barrier but luckily survived with some broken bones IIRC.

Burning desire!!

eddie was great for the sport of f1 and when the last of his kind left it was a bad day in my eyes. it is always good to watch him, ken tyrell and co do what they could to keep running let alone win.

i dont mean wideboy in a bad way but rather the duck and dive image that he had......to me that was the attraction of a team led by a guy like him....top man

eddie was great for the sport of f1 and when the last of his kind left it was a bad day in my eyes. it is always good to watch him, ken tyrell and co do what they could to keep running let alone win.

i dont mean wideboy in a bad way but rather the duck and dive image that he had......to me that was the attraction of a team led by a guy like him....top man