• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1.9 Axial wraith

RC4WD fan

I've been wanting to do a 1.9 wraith for about 2 years and finally im making one :) I've no idea what I'm going to do with it body wise and unsure whether to do the fastback mod im thinking of having a go at making a body my self now it's winter but first thing to do is dismantle it and clean it like I always do it's gone from this image.jpg to this image.jpg next job put it all back together and make a start on the links 

11 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

That needs fastbacking dude, looks good so far :D 

It's on the list to do :yes: keep looking at this but don't really want to pay £30 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Axial-Wraith-Fastback-Conversion-With-Radiator/172978203539?hash=item28464deb93:g:JvYAAOSwENhZcQ8z

11 hours ago, big gaz said:

Looking good mate :good:

i can give those landy stickers a good home should they want to leave:ph34r: 

If you want the stickers mate you can have them just pm me your address :good: 

Axial cranked rod ends with no balls in them, make up a link (same as suspension) and it fits with a little work and slot into the existing bit of roof and rear cage.

dont think I have any pics left of my old wraith, dan might though.....

pm incoming mate, thank you :good:

12 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

You don't need to buy it, just make it, like Gaz said above, it doesn't have to be as fancy as that other, or as short.

It just looks very back heavy as it is, I think fastbacking it would give it a more central look and would overall improve its appearance, but that's just my opinion and taste :) 

Yep, £30 is a good chunk of cash to spend elsewhere. I’m with Dan on this

your a competent builder mate, go for it! :good:

It's not that I can't do it I've done the mod to my old wraith :) just liked the rad on the one I linked but I've started tinkering with a different body and the fastback mod more to come soon ;) 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

I might have a spare rad if you need one, I will have a dig in my spares tomorrow and let you know, if I can find it, you can have it if it's any use... Not sure if I already have it away though or not.

Would be great if you do but unsure whether to go with a rad or a spare wheel :unsure: 

6 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

Would be great if you do but unsure whether to go with a rad or a spare wheel :unsure: 

I'll have a dig, I have a spares bag that I give stuff away from if people need, so if it's in there, it's yours :) 

The spare wheel will definitely add more weight, you can add more detail with a rad too.

That would be my choice I think, but the wheel is also an option.

25 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

I'll have a dig, I have a spares bag that I give stuff away from if people need, so if it's in there, it's yours :) 

The spare wheel will definitely add more weight, you can add more detail with a rad too.

That would be my choice I think, but the wheel is also an option.

Cheers Dan :good: you say about the weight but all the electrics are up front and even now without cutting the cage for the fastback mod it's very nose heavy so a spare in the back might balance it out a little ?

5 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Cheers Dan :good: you say about the weight but all the electrics are up front and even now without cutting the cage for the fastback mod it's very nose heavy so a spare in the back might balance it out a little ?

That could do, but you have to think the electrics are down quite low and the rear wheel will be mounted quite high, so it will not only make the CoG higher, but on wide hilling, the rear will be wanting to roll over.

Didn't think of that actually but hopefully the way I'm fastbacking it I might be able to have the spare low fairly low down 

I've been tinkering with a body all day for a spare/bashing shell and so far come up with this started with a deadbolt body image.jpgcut the interior out image.jpgsat it on topto see what it would look like image.jpgthis is it  pretty much in it final resting place stil have a bit of trimming and then it should be all good :) image.jpg

Edited by RC4WD fan
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, suvv said:

can you buy this as parts and build it up as you go or do you have to shell out all at once ??

To do a 1.9 wraith you buy the bits and build it up your self I already had an scx10 so just took the bits off that :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, suvv said:

ware is the best place to go shopping for stuff

Atees rcmart and ebay would be a good place to start also put up wanted adds on here and other forms if you're on others though wraith chassis/cages aren't as common as you would think took a little while to find mine same goes for the axial axles you can get axles from ebay for like £70 but there not stock axial ones there China specials look on ebay.com loads of axial bits on there :yes: 

• Like 1

Got the deadbolt body where I want it now I'm thinking of buy a unpainted one as I'm liking this more than the stock body :) image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgand finally got the paint off the original panels image.jpg