• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Receiver box required ideally waterproof

ADH66

Hi all,

Anyone got any recommendations for sourcing (from UK) receiver boxes? Since most are part moulded into floors there doesn't seem to be a huge choice in spares.

I have seen the thread recommending Maplins, but any other ideas are welcome.

Im looking for one to hold the light box (RC4WD type) on my scx10.2 so it needs to be a decent size too (approx twice size of std RX unit). I'll measure up tonight and add size range.

I can balloon the box but obvs a waterproof option would be perfect.

Cheers

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I’m a maplins guy for these boxes with a little gasket sealer and bingo, waterproof.

plus they are cheaper than any Rc branded box although I have used traxxas boxes with good results too :good:
Cheers Big Gaz, yes they look decent. Gonna measure up and see what will fit.

Guess secret is all in the keywords in Google [emoji848]

Nice one stretch, they didn't show up on my searching. They're ideal except I'd bet not big enough. But awesome research.

Alright, so I think the solution lay close to home. About 2ft away from my scx 10.2 actually.

Because it's for a lighting box (2x size of my RX), and Turnigy receiver switch thingy, and a mess of cables, a stock receiver box is likely too small.

Because of the dimension requirement to fit on the chassis, project boxes haven't been found either.

Then, as I looked around my bench in frustration, the solution.

A plastic tub from Japan which contained some cheap accessories I ordered a while back.

It ain't pretty but it fits. The water proof-ness may be a compromise but I can live with not submerging the truck.

I'll spray it black of course, so it looks less like a lunch box. Haha. 9a8b3529851b46daec3aca36ba12772c.jpg

• Thanks 1

If the box is clear at the bottom, leave it as is mate, paint the lid black and sorted.

if you want to waterproof it, bring the cables out of the lid and use some gasket sealer on the joint between box and lid and of course around the cable hole.

always good to find a solution after a bit of this :banghead:

• Like 1

If the box is clear at the bottom, leave it as is mate, paint the lid black and sorted.

if you want to waterproof it, bring the cables out of the lid and use some gasket sealer on the joint between box and lid and of course around the cable hole.

always good to find a solution after a bit of this :banghead:

Yeah, necessity is the mother of invention right?

[emoji16][emoji111]️[emoji482]

• Haha 1